32

Andrew

----

Sitting in history the only thing we're doing at the moment is a worksheet. With the school year almost being over, we can't do much other than worksheets. Everyone reluctantly agreeing to do them for an easy A.

Looking over at Sam sitting next to me, his eyebrows scrunched as he answers the questions on his paper. Every once and awhile I'll catch his eyes scanning around the room. Any time the dor opens his eyes flick towards the movement.

"Are you okay?" I lean over whispering so no one will hear.

"Yeah, I'm fine, what were you saying before?"

"Well, I think I figured out what I want to do." My focus moves to the front of the classroom, not focusing on anything. "For college I mean."

"Really?" Sam rests his head on his hand looking up at me.

"I want to make art for books. Design covers or the pictures inside." A smile slowly spreads on my face. "Children's books would be amazing. Lizzie loved them when she was growing up.." turning to face Sam "have you thought about it at all?"

"I've got an idea, but I'm still not sure." His eyes squint while he purses his lips. "I'm thinking of studying Botany."

"Woah that's cool. Any specific colleges?"

Sam cracks a smile and exhales out of his nose "No, I haven't, but I should." Sam pauses for a second. "What even sparked this?"

"Well, Its almost senior year. I need to make a decision so I can work towards it."

"Are you still planning to quit baseball?"

I sit there for a second biting the inside of my mouth. Out of the corner of my eye, I look to where Jackson is sitting.

"Yeah. I still want to quit." Sam looks over at Jackson too "There just isn't anything I can get out of it anymore, and the chances of going pro are very slim. I might as well do what I want to do."

"That sounds like a good idea." Sam turns his attention back to me. Giving me a small smile his eyes soft. We both just sit there for a moment looking into each other's eyes.

He's so nice to look at. With such pronounced features. Everything about him seems so refreshing and unique. I've truly never met anyone like Sam before.

----

Walking through my front door and closing it behind me I hear footsteps.

"Lizzy?" I called out trying to figure out who it is.

"Andrew In here." the sound of my father's voice makes my blood run cold I haven't told him I want to quit baseball yet.

Walking into the kitchen I see his work bad on the table. He's still in his suit as he flips burgers in a pan.

"How was school today?"

"It was fine, nothing really happened," I say as I place my bag on the floor next to the entryway.

"How long until school is out?"

Sitting down at the kitchen table I reply "This is the last week. We did finals a while ago."

"Oh, well have you turned in the formes for baseball next year?"

Looking down at the table I pick at my fingernails. "That's actually something I wanted to talk to you about." My dad turns his head to look at me for a second before going back to cooking.

"Do you need me to sign them?"

"No, that's not it. I, I don't want to do baseball again next year."

——
Thank you for reading!
Please vote and share it's helps a lot.
The drawings of the characters are of models I used as reference.
I'll see you in the next chapter.