~ E I G H T~

Keefe's day was off to a bad start

First, he woke up with a splitting headache from the day before when that girl had inflicted on him. Because of this, he stumbled down the stairs, barely able to see two feet in front of him. Because of that, he crashed into Gethen, who was known to be nasty to him. As a result, Gethen punished him by making him clean the Neverseen bathrooms, which were absolutely horrific, to say the least. Thanks to the punishment, Keefe was late to his one-on-one training class with Ruy. Due to that, Ruy went extra hard on him during practice, slashing, stabbing, and deliberately trying to impale him with a sword. Therefore, Keefe was now in the Neverseen Healing Center, lying on a bed, and currently being told off by his mother for being so pathetic.

It wasn't like Keefe wasn't used to his mother being disappointed in him, but this time, she was more than angry.

She was livid.

And not just because of the poor reports Gethen and Ruy had given her about him.

It was about the day before.

He'd let a girl, who might be the most powerful asset for the Black Swan get away.

And now everyone might pay the price for his mistake.

"That girl was skinny as a stick, Keefe. Nothing but skin and bones. You're supposed to be better than this! What have we been training you for?"

Keefe listened to his mother go on and on about why he was such a failure.

Keefe wasn't going to tell her that he had gone easy on the girl because he had thought she was sort of cute.

Nope, no, nada, not happening.

Not that it would've been a good enough excuse for his mother.

Nothing was a good enough excuse for her.

So Keefe sat in silence, even after his mom gave up trying to get to him with her words and threats. This was his mistake.

And he needed to fix it.

Keefe promised himself that next time he met that girl, he wouldn't go easy on her again.

This was all her fault.

~~~

Im happy with the way his chapter came out!

I mean, sure Keefe is kinda dark and scary but heyyyy he admitted he likes our Foster bby

i'm gonna write a chapter where he almost kills her. :)

alright bye!

-riya

Chapter written 4/3/20