~ T W E N T Y - T W O ~

"Don't scream

"Don't scream."

Someone was talking to Keefe, not really talking though, more like a whisper. Keefe had this weird feeling that only he was able to hear, no one else. He couldn't see anyone, except for a shadow, which was surrounding him on all sides. Keefe was sure that even the slightest movement may get him killed.

"Who are you?" asked Keefe in a squeaky voice that was barely audible. Oh, so much for authority. They might as well be talking to a six year old.

"That's not important"

"Well, about that—"

"Don't say anything else, or I might have to punch you"

Keefe shut up immediately. He wasn't scared of this creepy dude, but he didn't particularly want  black eye either. (Ha, don't lie we all know you're not really Mr. Tough Guy. -riya)

"Tam," scolded a voice that Keefe did not reconizge," in a way he is right, he's talking to a shadow, maybe we should be a little kinder toward him."

"I don't care Linh! "snapped Tam,"don't you remember the reason we are here?"

Keefe stopped listening to them fight, it was getting quite boring since they hadn't even explained why they were here, and Keefe was trying to figure out what to do next. Keefe decided to leave them, they were  annoying after all.

"Wait! Come back!" the girl named Linh called to his retreating back.

"No thanks, I'll pass." Keefe carelessly threw over his shoulder.

He had work to do. Where was Sophie anyways?

Just as Keefe was deciding which dramatic entrance would cause the most swooning (on Sophie's part), the shadows engulfed him once more.

"Look," the whispery voice asked again, "we don't want to take part in whatever's happening here. All we want is a chance to escape this misery."

"Good luck with that," Keefe said through gritted teeth. "Exillium is probably one of the best guarded places in the Lost Cities."

"But you managed to infiltrate this place, didn't you?"

There was no way to hide it anymore. "Yes."

"Tell you what," Tam whispered in that creepy, echoey voice, "My sister and I will help you out. You guys are failing miserably anyways. And in return, you need to get us out of here."

Keefe was never good at making deals. He couldn't tell whether this was fair or not, but it sounding like a pretty fair price to pay for some help in this battle.

"So, deal or no deal?"

~~~

MY INNER SHANNON MESSENGER!

cliffhangers are amazing.

Thanks for reading <3

*Edited by riya

**Still not letting navya write the Authors Notes

***Writing this while eating guacamole

****navya still in the dungeon, planning her revenge (this is getting old lmao)

- Queen riya and navya the Boring Peasant >:(

Chapter written 4/25/20