eighteen pt.4

a/n: this is part of a multiple update so make sure to read them in order

Chapter eighteen: week 9 pt. 4

Zara

I was about to sing my first song tonight and it had been pushed back to the last one of the first and second round because of everything that had went down.

Looking at everyone perform relieved some of the pressure I had been feeling and it cleared out my head.

My first song tonight was such a fun song and I really enjoyed at rehearsal so it was safe to say I was excited. I fixed my outfit and stood behind of the screens while Cheryl was introducing me.

We are so proud of you Zee. You can do this.

Harry's calming voice rumbled in my head as I took a deep breath.

The screens opened and I stepped towards the center of the stage and the music began.

This performance had a big amount of dancers joining me on stage, so when I barely started singing we were already in choreography. It consisted basically on me pacing around the stage to the beat of the song, as always and all of them following.

At the beginning of the song we took advantage of the theatricality of the song so it was easier to sing it without forcing my voice. Then the beat drops into the chorus and we starts jumping around the stage. It was such a fun song that it cleared my head and allowed me to think of nothing but the performance.

The crowd seemed to be enjoying it and so was I. The choreography was pretty simple from my part, but the dancers were taking over the stage filling in for my lack of moves and it was amazing.

When the song finished I was breathless but happy. It turned out good and everybody was smilin which calmed my bad thoughts that were threatening to appear.

''Zara, that was very good. I liked it, I can't wait for your final song tonight.'' Louis smiled at me.

''I've said it before and I'll repeat it tonight, darling, you are beautiful and you performance was so joyous and fun and youthful. I loved it.'' I thanked Dannii and turned to Simon.

''Zara, that was actually amazing.'' Simon said almost incredulous. ''Your performance was fun, very good.''

''Love, I know you and I know the love and effort you put into everything you do and I'm so proud of you tonight.'' Cheryl smiled at me.

I noticed that all of them were cautious in what to tell me and I internally thanked the sensibility they had around me. What happened earlier was not easy but everyone was so helpful.

-

This song has always been special to me; not only was my favourite song of all times but after what had happened this week it took a whole nother meaning. It was essentially a love song but some parts of if I could especially relate at this moment.

It was a slow rock song with a ballad side to it. The tone of the song was so beautiful and I had been working on getting my voice a little raspier, not as much as the singer but I had done my effort.