twenty eight

Chapter twenty eight

Zara

When I was younger my favourite thing to keep me entertained was dressing up my little sisters with my older sister. We would always try and get Zayn to join and be the charming prince but he would always said it was silly and go somewhere else to draw. He was incredibly creative and you'd always find him coloring his books. He loved it.

My sisters and I would make a runway show moving our beds creating a small corridor that was supposed to be the catwalk. We gathered around scarfs, dresses and skirts from my mum's closet and would wrap ourselves with it. My older sister clipped back the excess of the fabric to make it tighter and fitting to our small bodies. We would walk the makeshift runway with music blasting loud from the speakers.

I never liked the idea of walking around showing it to everybody but I always liked the final product and essentially the process. How we would wrap around three scarfs to make it into a dress by grabbing pins and scrunching the fabric.

However, being in a real fitting for a designer dress is not as fun as it seems.

I need to be careful with anything I touch and barely breath around this pieces of clothing. Pins pinching my butt and sequins giving me rashes on my tummy are not fun. They always tell you how glamorous the stradom is, but they never tell you how painful it can get.

That's omitting the fact that I haven't properly eaten in three nights just to fit perfectly into the dress. Aimee's orders not mine.

I had to choose my dress for tonight weeks ago while I was still on tour. Melody had given the designer my measurements and we had picked out the dress from the runway. It was a beautiful long red lace dress. It was basically a puzzle dress because it consisted in two parts. First, there was a sort of under dress that was purely red to cover my bum and privates. Then from the waist up it was lacy and had some embroidered roses to cover my nipples and most parts of my boobs, the rest was more or less see through; it was tight fitting. But then, the second part of the dress was a long skirt with the same lace from the upper part and roses embroidered along the length of it as well.

Tonight I had the release party for my new album and everything was just so pompous and extravagant it was far away of what I had envisioned.

It was dress coded as if it were a gala and Aimee had arranged the venue to be in one of the event rooms at the hotel located on the Shard. It was the tallest skyscraper in London so you kind of get the extravagance of the event.

Aimee had arranged for it to be one of the most exclusives parties that London had seen. There were hundreds of people invited, from singers, to models, actors and everyone that was someone in the entertainment industry. It was a party worthy of a socialite and I couldn't feel more out of place.

Don't get me wrong, I love a fancy party but this was excessively too much.

I had simpler choices and if it were up to me, I would have done a small gathering with some fans to listen to the album while we enjoy some nice conversation and maybe some vanilla cupcakes. Of course, my manager blew up in my face laughing when I manifested my thought of a release party.

I wasn't necessarily proud of this album but this had a place near and dear my heart because it would be the first time an actual song of mine would be out there; and I hoped that my fans would love at least those two songs as much as I did.

I'm proud of those songs, even if they didn't make it into the singles list. They were still in the album.

I finished trying the back up dress and now it was time to put on the dress.