twenty three

Chapter twenty three

Harry

me

I think I'm already here.

I text Zara letting her know that I'm downstairs at her building and she doesn't respond right away so I wait outside. The front door guy looks terrifying and I'm not so good at small talk so I rather wait here until she comes for me.

I'm looking down at my phone and open Twitter on the browser. Our video for the first single is already trending and I smile at the support we've been receiving from the fans. It's awesome.

''Hey stranger.'' I hear her voice and look up to meet her eyes and smile. She's clung to the front door motioning me to come closer as the door seems pretty heavy. ''I've missed you.'' She wraps her arms around my neck and hugs me.

''I miss you too.'' I say while nuzzling my head on her neck. The sweet smell of vanilla fills my nostrils and I smile.

It's been a couple of weeks since we've seen each other but it sure does feel like a lifetime.

''Are you taller?'' She looks at me and squints her eyes once we broke off the hug. And I shrug. ''Mr. Cahill.'' She says to the front door man to caught his attention. ''This is Harry and he'll be coming here many times so you have permission to always send him up.'' He nods and gives Zara a paper and some mail and she gives him as smile as she thanks him. I give him a tight smile and his intent of a smile disappears and nods my way.

''I don't think he likes me.'' I comment putting my hands on my pockets balancing on my feet as we reach the elevator.

''Mr. Cahill? He's very serious, he's just trying to intimidate you. It's his job.'' She chuckles. ''Can you press floor five?'' She asks looking down at the mail on her hands and I do what she requested. ''I don't know how but someone must have realized that I live here because I get fan mail. Not addressed to my door exactly but to the building. It breaks my heart because Aimee says I can't respond to those for safety reasons.'' She rolls her eyes.

''Is she giving you a hard time?'' I ask concerned. It hasn't been as smooth for her as it is for us with her team. She's grateful and all that but I can see she's not very happy. Aimee is her manager and an utter bitch.

We reach her floor and turn right on the hallway.

''She's just doing her job.'' She lets her shoulder down while letting out a breath. ''But let's not talk about that.'' She gets her key out once we face the door that says 5C. ''Welcome to my humble abode.'' We enter her flat and I take a moment to look at my surroundings.

She started renting this flat three months ago with the first real paycheck she got. It's a modern building and so is the style in here. When we first enter there's a short hallway leading to the kitchen that's connected to the living room. It's spacious and bright but not big. It has no dining table but there's a huge island in the middle of the kitchen with some stools.

It's an open space but it's semi divided by a breakfast bar that also has some sitting. Further from that there's the living room with a big white L shape couch with a bunch of pink and light brown cushions and a lot of fluffy throws, two love seats on the side and some windowed doors leading to a small balcony.

''Do you like it?'' She looks at me expectantly.

''It's very nice, Zee.'' I leave my jacket on the rack and she leads me to the living room, tossing the mail on the coffee table in front of the tv.

''I'm glad you like it.'' She smiles. ''Would you like some coffee? I got a new machine last week.''

''Zara, you hate coffee.'' I chuckle.