Chapter 50

After sipping his last drop of hot chocolate, V excused himself to washroom.

"I'll be back asap!" He said and finally walked away leaving Lisa and jungkook on their seats.

There was an awkward silence between them as jungkook didn't know how to start a conversation with her without being awkward. But as he was thinking of approaching her, she spoke up first.

"Well, How's life?" She asked with a smile "I think you're quite busy in your schedules lately"

"Umm..kind of" Jungkook lied for not wanting her to get any hint about the situation.

"That's why you aren't texting me lately" She said which made him dumbfounded by her sudden statement.

"Huh?" He stared at her surprised and Lisa looked at him in confusion.

"Yes? I'm just pointing the fact." She however apologised quickly when she saw the looks in his face "Well, I'm really sorry if it's too directly fo-"

"No! I'm sorry, Lisa!" Jungkook cut in "Actually, As you said I was little busy in my schedules as you know our comeback is near"

"Oh ne!" She replied excited by the news of their comeback, Which made him smile "I'm guessing it will be bop as always!"

Jungkook smiled "I just hope that army likes it"

"Ah! Don't worry, They will!" And once again, They sat quitely.

However this time jungkook take the lead.

"Lisa, actually I was curious of what happened after that..you know..that fake news came out?"

"Oh! Nothing that much!" She replied casually "just I get a warning from Papa yg to be careful next time"

"I'm sorry, Lisa!" Jungkook looked down to his lap "I didn't text you after we met. I know it's really odd for me to do that kind of thing but..actually my phone broke and I couldn't contact you"

Lisa watched him for a while and she couldn't suppressed her smile at his cute confession "It's okay jungkook!! No need to apologise!!" She giggled which made him looked up at her "I can understand. After all, I knew that you'll never ignore me so I already thought that something was wrong when you didn't text me. But now it's okay!"

Jungkook stared at her and he couldn't stop himself from wishing that if she knows that how much he loves her. She means him the world to him and without her was like no meaning in this life.
But as V came back, He realised that it should be his only wishes.

"So, what's up? What are you talking about?" He asked while taking his seat beside Lisa and she smiled at him.

"Nothing much. Just sorting things up, isn't jungkook?" She looked at jungkook and he forced a smile at her.

"Ne. Nothing that special" He said and V chuckled.

"I was just kidding, duh!" He said "You two kept your secrets. I don't mind"

"Oh really?" By this statement, Lisa raised her eyebrows at him with a smirk "What if we plan to murder you behind your back?"

V stared "You have an awful sense of humor" And they burst into laugh.

For jungkook, being Happy like this after so many days was so relaxing. Even after loosing someone he loves for more than 5years, All he felt was happy by just seeing them happy together. It just remind him that he have been so selfish at the past but now, He has the chance to repay to his hyung even if it cost his happiness he would happily do that for his hyung and his love. After all, it's his fate.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, what's up?" Jennie asked as Kai received her call. And he chuckled.

"Just missing you"

"Stop messing around, you poor monkey!" Jennie said even though she was smiling ear to ear.

"Ah! How cute!" Kai chuckled once again and continued to tease her "I wondered how you love this poor monkey, heh?"

Jennie rolled her eyes "Of course, I'll like to keep a poor monkey in my house if he can't afford a house and wander around the streets"

"Aahhh!! What's that!!" Kai winced and Jennie could literally imagine him pouting cutely. However surpressing her smile, she continued.

"Wae? You thought that I'll love a monkey like you?" She joked "I just pitied you that's why"

"Even though you're not gonna accept the fact that you love this poor monkey, I'll just assume that you still loves me more than anyone"

That's when she smiled "Of course, I do. I love you way more than you think"

"I love you more, my mini" Kai replied and Jennie couldn't believe the fact that they didn't meet up for so long. It just made her sad.

"You know what? I missed you" Jennie said in a quite voice "But this schedules are killing me, ahhh!!"

"I understand. But don't you worry, one more week then I'm with you"

"And I'm waiting for this moment" Jennie smiled.

Jennie finally hanged up when she finally done talking to him and came out from the washroom just to find rosé warming up all by herself.

She stepped into the dance room "Aren't you done with the choreo?"

Rosé who wasn't aware of her presence looked at her for the first time "Nope. I thought I should wait for you"

"Well, let's get started then?"

"Sure" And rosé agreed.

~~~~~~~~~~

Jungkook and V finally dropped her at home safe and returned at their dorm.

"It was quite a good day, isn't?" V smiled at jungkook when they were entering inside the living room. And jungkook nodded with a smile.

"Indeed, it was"

"Seems like you really like Lisa's company, heh?"

By this sudden question, jungkook snapped his head at him confused.

"What do you mean, hyung?"

"I mean you look relaxed whenever you talk to her" V said and all jungkook could reply was a nod.

"Ne" He said but when he saw that V was still looking at him, He added quickly.

"I mean she has such a good aura that anyone would be happy around her"

"Aren't you hiding something from me, kookie?" V asked suddenly which made him stopped in the Midway.

Jungkook looked at him "Hiding? What would I hide from you, hyung?"

By his reply, V smiled "I know, you still likes her and honestly, I don't have any problem with that"

Jungkook stared "Huh?" While V continued.

"Jungkook, I know even if you don't say anything to me. I can understand the pain you are holding in your heart. To forget the girl whom you had liked for a long time for someone else is really hard, I know. But jungkook, life isn't fair Everytime" V smiled to himself while continuing "It's really complicated between us, isn't? But you know what? I really love her and I promise you that I'll never hurt her, I'll protect her from everything"

"Hyu-"

"Jungkook, You can talk with Lisa as you used to before. I don't mind if you talk to her cause I know you won't do anything which will upset both of us in the end. After all, you are my brother" V said patting jungkook's head "And guess what? We can be best friends for life real. Three of us, what say?"

Jungkook couldn't suppress his smile while hugging his hyung which he knew for years.

"I promise that I'll never let you down, hyung" Jungkook however promised "I'll put a line between her and me. I'll be always stay with her...as a friend"

Little he know, This promise is gonna hurt him more in the future.

❤️🌛