Lana Del Rey Songs They Embody

GOSSIP-girlx requested I listen to Lana Del Rey and write which songs the characters embody, so I did, because I love you all 🥰 Lana's music, I've concluded, is not my exact cup of tea, but I can definitely appreciate her innovation and the poetry in her songs, and I appreciate every one of her fans because I understand why she is so dearly loved. Now, onto the chapter!

Jade: Lust For Life. Our Jade is as free as the wind; she doesn't listen to anybody but her lover, she lives in the moment, and she does things that others would consider reckless - such as climbing up the Hollywood sign to be alone with someone. Nobody can say that this girl has no lust for life, and surely enough, that is what keeps her alive and passionate and creative and reckless. Favourite lyric: Cause we're the masters of our own fate/We're the captains of our own souls.

Beck: Blue Jeans. An incredibly magical and gorgeous man enters your life and stays for, it seems to you, such a short while. Then, at some point he has to leave to chase dreams, no matter his success or failure, and your heart is shattered. Though you still love him - you love him more than anyone else has ever loved him. Sound familiar? Favourite lyric: I told you that no matter what you did I'd be by your side/Cause I'm a ride or die.

André: Love Song. André is the rare type of person who is truly in love with himself - not in a narcissistic way, but in a way that he is completely happy with himself and has the most confidence to go forth and make his dreams come true because he is his own soulmate. This song is about a lover, but to André it's about how hed been waiting for so long for someone to complete him and shine through them until he realised that he is complete by himself and is a star all on his own, despite his friends around him living off of lovers and support and popularity. And that's beautiful, don't you think? Favourite lyric: Baby it's the best, passed the test and yes/Now I'm here with you.

Tori: Off To The Races. Because you best believe that at some point in her life, Tori is gonna get fed up with guys her age being not attached enough to her and go for an older man who is *possibly* a sugar daddy, but overall likes her for her. Favourite lyric: I'm you little harlot starlet/Queen of Coney Island.

Cat: Brooklyn Baby. Because of her effervescence, her optimism, her ability to sometimes mispronounce words or misunderstand people, everybody thinks Cat should just be a child forever so she doesn't get beat with the harsh bat of reality. But in actual fact, Cat is one of the most intelligent and talented people in the school: she can sing and dance and act; she thinks of things no others can; she is fearless in her actions and can make friends with just about anyone. If you really think about it, Cat may be just be one of the strongest characters in the show, but unfortunately she was always painted as one of the weakest. Favourite lyric: They say I'm too dumb to sing/They judge me like a picture book.

Robbie: Radio. He always thought his life was permanently aimed in a downward trajectory - until he found Cat. And when she finally finds him too, he's permanently on cloud nine: he finds life a joy, a dream, a paradise where if he chases his dreams they will come true as long as she is by his side. Favourite lyric: Now I'm in LA and it's paradise/I've finally found you.