Marvel & DC

I was requested by LydiaSnow-Storm to write what the gang's fave Marvel or DC comics and characters - however, as I have rarely watched or read any of them, I am going to be writing instead their thoughts on Marvel and DC, sometimes including their faves. Hope this is still good 😁

André: he has a passion for analysing and figuring out anything to do with the Joker. This covers every media and includes research into people who have played the character, which he is particularly interested in because it seems that almost every actor who has played the Joker in films has had a butt ton of weird stuff surrounding them - case in point, the numerous reports of Jared Leto behaving wildly on the set of Suicide Squad and the unfortunate death of Heath Ledger and the mystery surrounding him (RIP my Patrick Verona) among other things and people. The Joker is, on the whole, an interesting and puzzling icon that André loves to delve into and spends many a lunch hour excitedly discussing it with you.

Jade: her favourite is Birds of Prey and the Fabulous Emancipation of one Harley Quinn. It has all the hallmarks of a badass feminist film: fleshed out strong female characters; kickass action scenes that are equal parts realistic and fictional, and whole parts brilliant and funny; a kid, because stakes in films are always made higher with kids, no matter what kind of film; and, obviously, Harley Quinn!

Robbie: owns every copy of every Marvel and DC comic he could ever find. He takes very particular care of this collection, even going so far as to forbid Rex from going near them (and that's a shock in itself), and the only person besides him who knows just how vast his obsession is is Cat - she, of course, is fascinated with his collection, and doesn't poke fun at him for it as she understands how precious all of this is to him. I mean, it has to be if even Rex can't get near it.

Cat: ever since Robbie pointed out a Stan Lee cameo in a Marvel film to her, she has been excited by his cameos in every film up until his death and has a saved playlist of all of his cameos. She's also super interested in Stan's life and, surprisingly to everyone, buys his biographies and autobiographies to read.

Tori: thinks superhero movies are 'overrated;' the most she has seen is the Smosh song where they make fun of how depressed DC characters are.

Beck: keeps a folder of the analysis he makes on each character and movie and show. He believes that, because these fictions have been around for so long, they have so much potential for analysing and understanding and interpreting and using to develop and hone his craft as a storyteller and actor. He keeps the hefty folder on his bedside table in his RV, which he gets out and reads when he can't get to sleep or is bored to absorb the information further.