Chapter 19

Jack's Point of View

"I don't see what the harm is," Corbyn snapped.

I had what Kora asked me to do. I got the boys and we started talking to Corbyn.

"She wants to die because you make it seem like you don't love her," I said. "Kora called me and explained the whole thing."

"And she's not dead is she," Corbyn asked.

"Due, what the hell has gotten into you," Jonah asked. 

"Why are you acting like she's nothing to you," Daniel asked. "Why are you acting like she doesn't matter?"

Corbyn didn't say anything. Instead he just sat there silent as a feather.

"Say something Besson," Zach said.

Nobody ever talked to Corbyn that away unless they were truly angry with him. 

"I have nothing to say," Corbyn said. "So stop pressuring me to talk."

"We're trying to get you to fix the problem you've created with the girl you fucking love! And you have nothing to say," Zach shouted.

"Zach, calm down," I said.

"No," Zach said. "I watched how he just let everything Michele said go in one ear and come out the other. He completely ignored her. I'm actually starting to wonder if he loves her."

"She didn't do anything to kill herself," Corbyn said.

"But she did," I said. "She tried to. When Kora called she said that Michele went to a club to try and get drunk so she did something dumb afterwards. A variety of things could've happened. She could've gotten kidnapped, murdered, assaulted, harassed, raped. She could've gotten in the middle of a hit and run. So many things could've happened. and it would be your fault. You're the reason she went to the club. You're the reason she could've almost died."

"Nobody else can fix this, only you can," Daniel said.

"And if you really love her, you'll fix this mess right now," Jonah said.

Corbyn got up and headed to his car. 

I hope he's going to fix things with Michele, otherwise, she might actually harm herself.