Chapter 10

3rd Person's Point of View

It'd been about a month or so since they'd all gone to the beach. Throughout the following weeks, everyone got closer.

As Michele and Corbyn realized that they were practically a couple, Melanie and Zach decided it was time to announce their relationship.

Today Leilani was doing a YouTube video, and everyone agreed to be in it. 

"Okay, so I decided to just turn this into a live because with all of us together, the video could into hours, and a live is just easier to manage," Leilanie explianed as she set her phone up on the coffee table in her's and Melanie's backyard.

"Sounds good to me," Jonah said.

"Well good cause the live has officially started," Leilani said.

The live started out as the group of friends answering the fans questions. And then there was a game or two of Truth or Dare. 

And then it turned into the friends talking about random things.

"Zach and I actually have something we'd like to say," Melanie said as she looked at Zach, who was squeezing her hand.

"What is it," Jack asked. "Please don't say you're taking the other half of Jachary from me."

"It's actually the opposite," Zach said.

"You took Zach from me when you two became Jachary," Melanie said.

"What do you mean," Kora asked.

"Melanie and I are dating," Zach said.

"You two have known each other for less than two months and you're already dating," Sage asked.

"It's actually a little complicated and weird," Melanie said.

Everyone started talking over each other and asking Zach and Melanie a million questions. But Michele just sat there and shrugged to the live full of fans that was still on.

"Michele hasn't had a say in any of this," Daniel finally said.

"You're right," Leilani said.

"I know that look," Sage said as Michele just smiled to herself. 

"What does that look mean," Corbyn asked.

"Well, you see, my sister here is really good at reading people. And because she's so good at reading people, she already knew that Mellow and Zach were dating," Sage explained.

"I know something about all of you that nobody else knows," Michele said. "Just by looking at the way you act and the way you speak."

"Creepy," Zach said.

"Wait, so you knew Zach and I were already dating before you even met Zach," Melanie asked.

"After three or four weeks of working at the museum, I could tell there someone special like Zach in your life, but I didn't pry. I could tell that was something that you wanted to keep private," Michele said.

"Wait, so does that mean," Jack started.

"That you know who we all like," Kora finished.

"Some of you yes. For the rest of you, it's a little harder," Michele said. "I know who Jack likes. Who Kora likes. Who Jonah likes. Who Lei likes. But when it comes to Corbyn, Daniel, and Sage, I'm stumped. Out of all of us, I don't know who the three of them like."

Everyone was silent.

"It's something that Michele has been able to do ever since the day I got my first boyfriend. She kept telling me he would break my heart, but I didn't listen. And then one day he broke my heart," Sage said.

"I remember that," Corbyn said.

They all looked around them, looking for Michele, who would've said something then.

But she was no where to be found.

"Shit," Sage said.

"What," Jack asked.

"When Ele leaves like that she doesn't come home for about two to five days," Kora explained. 

"And when she does come home, she drowns herself in work and online school work and acts like there's nothing else in life," Sage said.

"What do we do," Daniel asked.

"Nothing," Kora said.

"What do you mean nothing," Leilani asked.

She had turned the live off at this point and was holding her phone.

"When she disappears like this, she makes sure no one can find her," Sage said. "But she probably went home and got some clothes and things like that."

"She also probably left her phone at home, ringer and stuff off," Kora said.

"Now all we do is wait for her return," Sage said.

"And if she doesn't come home in five days, then what," Corbyn asked.

"We call the police and go searching for her," Sage said.

"But all we can do is wait," Kora said.

And that's the nine friends did.