Chapter 24

*Few Months Later*

Michele's Point of View

Corbyn and I were watching a movie. I had gotten up to get us more water when all of a sudden it happened.

"Love," my husband yelled. "You okay?"

"Bean," I said. "M-my water broke."

I heard curse under his breathe as he made his way to me.

He grabbed the bag and we got in the car. 

"Everything is gonna be okay," Corbyn said as he picked up his phone.

"What are you doing," I asked.

"I'm calling Daniel and asking him to tell everyone to meet us at the hospital," he said.

"Keep your eyes on the road please," I said.

"I will, I promise," he said. "Oh, hey Daniel. Can you tell everyone to meet us at the hospital?"

Silence.

"Her water broke."

Silence.

"Just get to the hospital when you guys can. Sage and Kora aren't gonna want to miss holding the baby after it's born."

Silence.

"I have to go. Just please tell everyone."

Silence.

"Okay, see you then."

He got off the phone.

We pulled up to the hospital and he helped me walk inside, the bag slung across his shoulder. 

"My wife's water broke," Corbyn said.

I was holding my belly. Pain washing over me.

~ ~ ~

Corbyn's Point of View

"Love," I said. "We got a girl."

She just smiled at me. 

As she was in labor, I held her hand. She was a brave warrior for sure. 

"You did it," I said. "You brought another life into the world."

I kissed her forehead and smiled at her. I looked from my wife to our newborn child. 

When the doctors let Michele hold our daughter, she had the biggest smile on her face.

She just looked at me with the biggest smile. Tears of happiness were streaming down her face.

"We did it," she said. 

Everyone busted into the room. Sage and Kora were begging their sister to let them hold the newborn. But Michele just kept saying no. 

Leilani had given birth to hers and Jonah's son, Carter Matthew Marais. 

Melanie and Leilani stood in the back of the room holding their own kid. Melanie with Robert. Leilani with Carter. Zach by Melanie's side and Jonah my Leilani's side.

"She's beautiful," Daniel said, giving me a hug. 

"You did good," Jack said.

In the background you could hear Sage and Kora begging Michele.

"Corbyn's gonna hold her before any of you hold her," Michele said. 

Sage and Kora went silent.

"Bean, come here," she said. Her dark brown hair was pushed to one shoulder and her eyes were glistening more than ever.

I looked out the window and saw a full moon shining at the perfect angle.

I walked over to my wife. She made me hold out my hands and then placed our little baby girl in my hands.

"What's her name," Zach asked. 

I looked from Michele to Sage. I thought their mother's name. It was Clair Marie.

"Claire Marie," I said. "Claire Marie Besson."

I looked back to my wife. Her eyes filled with more tears than before.

"It's beautiful," Jonah said.

"It's our mother's name," Sage said.

Everyone commented on the name. Except for my wife. She threw her arms around my neck and hugged me.

"I love you Bean," she said.

"I love you too," I said.

I handed Claire to Sage and Michele scooted over on the hospital bed for me to sit with her.

I put my arm around her shoulders and kissed the top of her head. She lied her head on my shoulder, wrapping her arm around my torso.

"Thank you," I said.

"For what," she asked.

"Blessing me with the most beautiful daughter in the world," I said.

"Thank you for helping me create her," Michele said, looking up to me. 

With the full moon shining in the perfect angle, the eyes of my wife glistened more than ever.

~ ~ ~
That's the end of this part.
I'll start the next part sometime today.
I hope you like this part. 
I also published another book called 'Falling In All Directions'
Please check it out.
Love you all!!!
~Michele
~ ~ ~