Chapter 23

Michele's Point of View

I had watched Corbyn swim for hours now. The meteor shower was starting soon and Corbyn hadn't come out of the water. Nobody else was on the beach. Tonight there was a festival going on, but Corbyn and I decided to watch the meteor shower instead. 

"Corbyn," I yelled to nobody. "If you don't get out of that water now, you're going to have to make your own dinner."

I got nothing. I walked back to the house and plopped on the couch, still waiting for him to come home. 

Instead of paying attention to the front door, I was watching the meteors fly by. 

I had gotten so into watching the meteors that forgot my husband hadn't come back yet. But once I felt his arms wrap around my waist, I remembered.

"Where were you," I asked him.

"I was making a surprise for you," he said. "But first, do you wanna dance?"

"Of course I do," I said. 

He played classical music and we dance around.

As we were dancing, I lied my head on his chest and smiled.

Once we were done dancing, we walked to our room. And there I saw candles and food.

As we sat down on the bed to eat, he put his arm around me and held me closed to him. 

"You know what still can't believe," I asked him.

"What," he asked.

"I still can't believe I get to call you mine," I answered.

"Same here," he said.

~ ~ ~
I'm going to unpublish the cast.
~Michele
~ ~ ~