Chapter 16

Zach's Point of View

As Claire and I entered Michele's hospital room, Claire almost cried.

"Mom," she said running up to her.

"Claire," Michele said.

Claire sat on the bed and hugged her mother. Michele pulled Claire closer to her chest.

Leilani and Jonah put John and Julie on the bed, Chance climbed up there and Sage and Daniel put Luke and Lisa on the bed.

"There's only one person missing from that," Melanie said from next to me.

"He needs to make it," I said.

Just then a doctor walked.

"I thought you might like to know that Mr. Besson is out of surgery. If you need me, I'll at the front desk," the doctor said, leaving the room.

Michele looked at me. I nodded my head and found the doctor at the front desk.

"What's his state," I asked.

"His chances of living have decreased. It's eighty percent to twenty percent. Eighty percent chance of him not making it. Twenty percent chance of him making it. The odds aren't good now," the doctor said.

"Why was he rushed into surgery," I asked.

"That's something I can only discuss with his wife," the doctor said.

"Then let's go tell her," I said.

As we entered the room everyone looked at the doctor.

"The reason why Mr. Besson was rushed into surgery was because there was a piece of glass from the crash that we didn't get before. We completely missed it. And it was slowly made it's way to his, causing his chances to survive, drop lower," the doctor said.