Chapter 12

Michele's Point of View

It's been a week. Everyone except Corbyn is home. Well, and me I guess. 

I am being a bad parent. But every time I leave his side, I'm drawn right. 

I don't wanna miss anything.

If he dies, I don't wanna miss his last breathe. If he makes it, I don't wanna miss him waking up. I just want to be with him. 

I was lying next to him again. My arm around his torso. My hand holding his hand. My head in the crook of his neck. 

I was imagining us in our bed. In our house. He didn't have cuts or bruises or wires. The kids would be at his parents house. We would've just finished having make out session. And he'd tell me how much he loves me. How much he admired me. How special I am. How I'm a great mom. How we all make mistakes. And then he'd sing and everything would be calm.

As I brought back into reality, I realized we were still in the hospital. 

"We have some news on your husband's state," the doctor said.

I sat up and faced the doctor.

"We will run more tests in two or three weeks, but there's a sixty five percent chance her won't make it and a thirty five percent chance he will make it," the doctor said. 

The doctor then left the room.

I didn't have the energy to move at all. If I had energy, it some how disappeared. 

I eventually moved back to the way I was lying next to Corbyn. Only I was playing with his hair instead of holding his hand.