Chapter 8

Corbyn's Point of View

I woke, my arms wrapped around her waist. I looked at her. Not in a creepy way. I was looking at her in a loving, but also in disbelief. 

Eve though we've been married for a little over a decade, and we have four kids, plus another one, I still couldn't believe she was mine. 

She turned in her sleep, her head burying itself into my chest. I rubbed the back of her head gently as she continued to sleep.

When she woke up, she stretched, almost hitting me in my face.

"Watch where you're stretching love," I said, a small laugh escaping from me.

"Oops, sorry," she said, placing a kiss on my cheek.

"How'd you sleep," I asked her.

"Well aside from every bone in my body aching from last, I slept pretty well," she said.

"Sorry about that," I said.

"It's fine. I wouldn't anybody else making my bones ache like you do," she said, holding my face in her hands.

She was wearing my favorite t-shirt. It fit me perfectly, but it was still a little to big for her.

She gave me a peck on the lips and then got out of bed and tried to walk.

"You need help," I saked.

"Give me a sec," she said as she tried to stand up again.

She kept falling back onto the bed.

"I think you might've actually broken my legs," she said, laughter coating her voice.

"I mean, I did tell you might not be able to walk today," I said, joining in on her laughter.

"I didn't think you were being serious," she said.

"I guess you were wrong," I said.

"Well now you've gotta carry me downstairs," she said.

"Why can't we spend all day in bed? We could watch movies, eat food, cuddle," I said. "I could go on."

"We can stay up here, but you have to bring up the computer and snacks and movies," she said. "And while you're at it, can you toss me a pair of clothes to change into?"

I went to her drawer and grabbed her a pair of clothes. I tossed them to her and and then left the room

Claire's Point of View

I was spending the day with Aunt Kora, Uncle Jack, Lavender, Lillie, Aunt Sage, and Uncle Daniel.

We were going to get ice cream when a bunch of teenage girls, not much older than me, came running up to us.

They started yelling both my uncles names and asking for autographs. I knew my dad, my uncle, and their other two friend were famous. But I never realized that they were this famous. 

"Are you Daniel Seavey's daughter," one girl asked. 

"No she's Corbyn Besson's daughter," another girl said. "She's got the hair of him and his wife."

"But she's got Daniel's eyes," the girl from before said. 

"But she's got Corbyn's facial structure."

"So? KJ Apa kind of looks like Corbyn from a certain angle."

I looked up to Aunt Sage. Aunt Kora was holding both Lavender and Lillie, an arm around both of them.

"Aunt Sage," I said. "I'm scared."

"Come here," she said, wrapping her arms around me and holding me close to her.

"See that," a girl yelled. "Proof she's Daniel's daughter!"

"Her parents are none of your business," Aunt Sage said. "If her parents are ever ready to tell the world she's their daughter, they will. But until then, mind your own business."

We walked away and I looked up to my Aunt that was now holding my hand.

"Aunt Sage, why haven't my parents told the world that I belong to them," I asked.

"They just want to protect you. I know that the Marais and Herron parents have told the world who their kids are, and so has the Avery parents. But your mother and father want to protect you. You father especially. He says you and your siblings are one of a kind children because you're the children of your mother, and he loves your mother so very much. And since you and your siblings are the children of your mother, he wants to protect you guys at all costs. He doesn't want to lose you guys at all."

As we sat in the car, on the way back to my grandma and grandpa's house, I kept thinking about what Aunt Sage told me.

My father must've really loved my mom, me, Chance, Luke and Lisa, and the baby on the way if his fans didn't know who his children are.