Chapter 9

Michele's Point of View

I stood there, still imaging him in our bed with out bruises, cuts, and wires. But when I came back to reality, my heart broke ten times more.

I walked slowly to his hospital bed, hoping maybe he'd wake up.

But with every step, his eyes didn't open.

As I sat next to him on the bed, I held his hand.

"Come on, Bean, please wake up. Please. The kids need you. Everyone needs you. I, Bean, I need you. I need you more than I'd like to admit," I said, my voice cracking at the end.

I scanned him over again and watched his chest move up down as he slept in his coma. 

I lied next to him and placed my head in the crook of his neck. I wrapped my arm around his torso and held his hand.

"Come on, Bean, please. Please. Please. Please. Please wake the hell up," I said. "Bean... Come on... I know you have it in you..."

There was silence in the room until I heard a voice say, "Dad?"

I lifted my head up and saw Claire, and only Claire, standing there.

She walked over to Corbyn and I and sat on the bed. 

"Your dad may ore may not make it. He's in a coma and it's an early stage," I said. 

"What can we do for him," Claire asked.

"Talk to him. Stay with him," I said. "I'm gonna stay with your dad for a few days. You guys are gonna stay with Sage and Daniel."

Claire nodded and then left the room.