Chapter 9

Corbyn's Point of View 

As Michele cooked dinner, I got a call from my manager.

"Hey," I said.

"Is this Mr. Besson," someone asked. 

It wasn't my manager.

"Before I answer that, are you with Atlantic Records," I asked.

"Yes I am. I'm Edward Matthews," the guy said. "Your new manager."

"Well, nice speaking with you Mr. Matthews, but I have to go. I'm with my fiance right now. But maybe in a few days you, me, and the rest of the band can meet up. We might have to meet up This Saturday," I said.

"I'll figure something out and then call you back," my new manager said. "And please, call me Ed."

With that he hung up and I walked back to the kitchen, wrapping my arms around my my fiances waist. 

I watched her as she mixed all the ingredients together. 

Rice, eggs, peas, bacon, chicken, carrots, soy sauce, fish oil. 

"Is that," I started, but she cut me off.

"Yes it is fried rice, now tell me what that call was about," she said.

"I got a new manager," I said. "His name is Edward Matthews."

She stopped stirring the food. She took my arms off her waist and then grabbed bowl and forks. She put fried into the bowls and handed me a bowl with a fork and then walked off. Leaving her dinner on the counter.