Chapter 10

Michele's Point of View

Corbyn had come home with the kids and we spent all day watching movies. Claire and Corbyn had been eating dinner and Chsnce and the twins were eating popcorn. 

"It's ten, time for you guys to go to bed," I said. "You all have school tomorrow."

"But I don't wanna go to school tomorrow. I wanna spend the day with dad," Claire said. 

Chance and the twins agreed with her.

"You guys have missed four days of school," I said.

"So what's the point of sending them to school if they'll have only been at school one day this week," Corbyn asked.

"They'll at least know what they missed at school and they'll have homework sent home with them so they can practice," I said.

"They don't need to do homework over the weekend," Corbyn said.

"You guys, go up stairs and get ready for bed please," I said talking to my kids. 

We watched as they went upstairs.

"Corbyn they just had a six day weekend," I said. "A little homework won't kill them."

"But they'll get piles and piles of homework," Corbyn said. "I won't get to spend any time with them."

"You should've thought about that before you sent them off with your parents," I said.

"Why are you so uptight about this stuff," Corbyn asked.

"You try raising four kids when their other parent is gone all the time," I said. "I don't get to be the fun parent because I'm trying to teach our kids important life lessons."

He was silent.

"I'm going to bed. You can either share a bed with me, or sleep on the couch. I don't care," I said.