Chapter 14

Michele's Point of View

It's been a week since I decided on a baby name. Corbyn still hasn't woken up. 

"Corbyn..."

I had gotten to the point where I was only saying his name. 

All of a sudden something started beeping and the doctors rushed in.

I got off the bad and they rushed him out of the room.

I sat in a random chair and grabbed my phone. I called Zach.

"You okay," he asked.

"C-Corbyn was rushed out of the room. I-I think he's in surgery, but I-I don't really know. Zach, I'm scared," I said.

"I'm gonna give my phone to Melanie and tell everyone. They're all at my house. Melanie will be on the phone," Zach said.

After a few seconds I heard Melanie's voice say, "Michele?"

"I'm here," I said.

"Everything is gonna be okay," she said.

"Corbyn would've said the same thing," I said.

"He's going to be fine," Melanie said.

"How can we be sure? He was rushed out of the room," I said.

"Michele, listen to me. He will live. For as long as I've known him, I have found out he loves you. I've found out that he will do anything if it means he gets to hold and comfort you. Stop doubting everything. All you need is hope and faith," Melanie said.

There was silence.

"Okay, Zach said we're all going to the hospital. Everyone's kids except for Robert, Carter, Lavender, and your kids are going to their grandparents homes," Melanie said.

There was silence again.

"Okay, I'm back," Zach said.

"What do I do when he's gone," I asked.

"Stop thinking like that," Zach said. "You are not helpless and you are not lonely. You have all of us and all of our hopes and prayers. Melanie and I are in the car with your kids, Robert, Carter, and Lavender. The car is full. But we're coming for you."

"I can't do this," I said softly.

"Damn it, stop saying that. You can do this. You are strong. You need to believe," Zach said.

"I-I-I can't do this," I said

Zach's Point of View

"Fuck," I said. "Michele? Michele?"

"What happened to her," Melanie asked. 

"I don't know. She's not responding," I said. "Michele? Hello? Besson, you there?"

No reply.

"She could've fainted," Melanie said.

"Fuck," I said. "Michele?"

Melanie pulled up to the hospital. I turned around and faced all the kids in the car.

"You all need to listen to Melanie," I said before leaving the car.

I ran into the hospital and walked up to the front desk.

"I'm here for Corbyn. Corbyn Besson," I said.

"He's currently in surgery," the lady behind the desk said.

I read her name tag. 

"Mrs. Bates, his wife is currently in that room. I was just on the phone with her. She now isn't responding," I said showing her the ongoing call on my phone.

"Right this way," she said.

Once we were at Corbyn's room I opened the door and there she was. Lying on the ground.

I hung up the call and put her phone in my pocket before picking her up.

"Someone help," I said.

"Where was she," a doctor asked.

"She was with Corbyn Besson, her husband. He was rushed into surgery. She called me and then all of sudden she wasn't responding," I said.

"Thank you sir," the doctor said before rushing her off to a room.

I went to the waiting room and kissed Melanie's head.

"Will she be okay," Melanie asked, wrapping her arms around my back.

"She'll be better than Corbyn," I said.

"What did the two of them do for this to happen," Melanie asked.

"I don't know," I said. "But I wish I did."