Chapter 10

Claire's Point of View

"Mom said she's staying here for a few days and that we're supposed to stay with Aunt Sage and Uncle Daniel," I said.

"Well then, let's go," Sage said. "Daniel will be out within a few days. And then we can get Chance."

I walked to the car as Kora and Sage quickly slipped into my dad's room. 

"Do you think your dad'll make it," Lavender asked.

"I really hope so. From what everyone's told me, my parents love each other so much that they'd do anything for each other," I said.

"That's a strong love," Lavender said.

"It is," I whispered.

Michele's Point of View

"Oh, Ele," I heard Kora's voice say.

I sat up and faced the window. 

"How long do you plan on staying here," Sage then asked.

"I don't know. I just need time," I said.

"We all need time. But you have six, almost seven kids! You need to be their parent. I know this is coming early but it needs to come early. It's like when mom and da-"

"Please do not compare mine and Corbyn's relationship and situation to mom and dad's," I said.

"Sage, let her be," Kora said.

Sage huffed and walked out the door.

"Kora, I'm being such a bad mom staying here," I said.

"You have to stay here and pull yourself together. It's what's best for everyone. Especially your kids. I know I'll need time eventually, but you need more time than anyone of use does," Kora said.

"Thanks," I said.

"No problem," Kora said.

I heard the door shut behind her. I broke into tears realizing I was doing a bad job with everything.