Chapter 15

Melanie's Point of View

"Want me to braid your hair," I asked Michele. 

"Yeah," she replied softly.

I sat behind her and started brushing her hair with the hairbrush I brought out.

"I really screwed up this time," Michele said. "I always screw up when I'm with him."

"No you don't. If you lied to him you would screw it up. If told later, you would've screwed up. What you did was right. And Lei, Kora, Sage, Zach, and I are always here for you," I said.

"How have you and Zach been doing so good? I mean, and no offense, you guys are both the youngest."

"No offense taken. And the only reason why we've been so good together is because we're honest with each other. When my mom passed, he was there for me. From the day I told him about my mom passing, we promised to always be honest with each other. And look at us now."

"You guys were literally made for each other."

"But?"

"But mine and Corbyn's relationship isn't meant to be. We're literally cursed. I'm cursed."

"You're not cursed. For you it's a little harder to be open. You're afraid people will judge and be mean instead of be nice."

"Because that's how the world is!"

I took a deep breathe. I had finished her hair now.

"You and Corbyn need to have an open conversation about everything other wise your guys' relationship won't work. If you have a talk with him before he leave for tour, I will personally bring you on tour and then lock the both of you in the back of the tour bus until you guys either talk out your problems or until he has to go to sound check. And I don't wanna do it, but I will. So please talk to him," I said.

"Fine," she said. 

"You have about a week before tour, so talk to him soon," I said.

"I'll talk to him later," she said. "But for now, I'm gonna look at the stars."

I walked back inside, pleased with myself.