Chapter 17

Michele's Point of View

I woke up and saw Corbyn asleep in a chair, my hand in his. I sat up in the hospital bed, causing him to walk up.

"You're awake," he said, squeezing my hand.

"That I am," I said. 

"Well let's go sign you out," Corbyn said.

I gave him a confused look. I looked around seeing that I wasn't hooked up to anything.

"The doctor said that once you're awake you can leave after you've been signed out," he explained.

"Let's go then," I said, getting out of the hospital bed. 

"Take it easy," he said.

"Why? I feel fine," I stated.

"You're less than a week pregnant," he said. "The other day..."

"After Lei's dare," I said.

We just looked at each other.

I walked up to him and hugged him. I looked up at him so I could see his eyes.

"You are happy right," I asked.

"Of course I am, it's just, not the way I imagined finding out," he said.

"I didn't expect to find out this way either," I said. "I didn't even know until now."

"Wait, really," he asked.

"I'm telling the truth," I said. 

"Well who's place do you wanna go to," Corbyn asked as he signed my release papers.

"Yours," I said. 

"Then let's go," he said.

As he drove to his apartment, he held my hand. He'd squeeze it every now and then. And then he'd talk about his love for me. 

I didn't understand how we were getting married soon. It just didn't add up in my head.