Chapter 20

Corbyn's Point of View

I drove to Leilani's house, after telling her that I was going to fix things. 

It was dark outside when I arrived at her house. 

I knocked on the door repeatedly, wanting Leilani to open the door fatser.

"Where is she," I asked after Leilani answered the door.

"Outback," she said.

I rushed past her, making my way to Michele.

There she was, the most beautiful woman, lying there, quiet sobs coming from her. Because I broke her.

"I'm sorry," I said, sitting next to her.

"You know the hardest part about having loved you for so long," she asked.

"No. What," I asked.

"I can never stay mad at you. We're always fighting, but I can't stay mad at you for long. It's literally impossible. I love you too much. I love you so much to the point where it hurts to even be around you," she said, whipping the tears from her face. 

"I didn't know that," I said. 

"Because I never told you. When we hard our talk today, I wanted to tell you so badly how you actually made me feel. But then you never responded and I got scared. I was scared you just used me. I was scared that you learned how to use people from Christina. I was scared there was no room for me in your life. I was scared-"

"And it's my fault you thought those things. It's my fault you're broken. I just take you to the edge and pull you back again. Then I mess with your head. I'm sorry."

"You know, after I realized I had crush on you, I fantasized about us getting married and the type of wedding we'd have."

"Describe it to," I said.

We lied close together under the stars as she told me.

"The bridesmaids and groomsmen would be our closest friends and family. We would invite our families. I would wear this big, beautiful white wedding dress. The top would be tight against my body, and the bottom would start to get flowier. The material would be the finest silk, shipped all the way from China. You would wear black and white, only the shirt and your shoes would be black and the suit itself white. You would have a purple rose in the pocket of your suit jacket. It would be in the woods in Washington. The color scheme orange, purple, black, and white. The finest foods sent from France. When you would put the wedding ring on my finger, god it would be beautiful. The band would be a rose quartz. Then a purple heart made out of amethyst with a little orange heart on each side of it. That's wedding I used to always fantasize us having," you could hear her voice crack at the last part.

I had imagined the whole thing in my head. 

"It sounds like a beautiful wedding," I said.

"Yeah, it does, But to bad you can't tell me what we are," she said. 

I sighed.

"You know, I was going to wait to do this so it was special, but I guess I'll do it now," I said.

"Do what," she asked.

"Michele Rae Cross, will you be my girlfriend," I asked. "Officially?"

She was silent for a few minutes. I was worried.

"Yes," she said. "I will be your girlfriend."

We lied there until we fell asleep.

I had my best friend, no girlfriend, asleep in my arms. I couldn't be happier in this moment.

~ ~ ~

I hope you all understood the song reference I made closer to the beginning of this chapter!

~Michele