Chapter 1

Michele's Point of View

"Can dad make it," I asked Kora.

I was currently with my twin sister, Sage, my half sister, Kora, and our best friends, Leilani and Melanie.

A month ago Corbyn proposed to me. he had bought the wedding rings, my dress, his suit, the reservation, and he even asked Chefs from France to cook for us. 

But the girls and I still had to invite the guests. Get their dresses. Pick the color theme. And so many other things.

"I'll call him and ask," Kora said getting up and going to the other room. We were at Zach and Melanie's house. After Melanie gave birth to hers and Zach's baby boy, Robert, they got married. And then they moved into a house together.

"I don't remember Melanie's wedding being this hard to plan," Leilani complained.

"It's only because Corbyn and I thought four months would be enough time. I mean we almost have everything," I said.

"Dad said that if you send him a invite he might be able to make it," Kora said. 

"Well we need his address," Sage said.

"I'll text him, he's at work right now," Kora said.

"I gotta go," Melanie said. "Zach is having trouble with Rob again."

With that Melanie left. 

*A Few Hours Later*

Sage and I still live together, and Leilani and Kora live together now. 

Sage had gone on a date with Daniel, so I was home alone now. Corbyn was in Virginia visiting his family.

I was just lying in my room with the lights turned off when my phone rang.

"Hi," I said, answering his call.

"Hey," he said. "Love, what's wrong?"

"I just miss you, that's all," I said. 

I didn't want him to worry about my dad that he's never met.

"I just miss us cuddling, and watching movies, and eating sweets until we're sick. I miss seeing your face everyday, and holding your hand. And you holding my waist, and kissing my forehead," I said. "I miss it all."

"Love, I'm sorry," he said. "I wish you could've come with me."

"It's fine," I said.

I put him on speaker phone as I got up to change into my pajamas.

"Not it's not."

"Bean, go spend time with you family before you come back to the chaos of planning our wedding in LA."

"But my family is asleep," he said. "I miss you too. I haven't gone a singe second in the past two weeks not thinking about you. You're always on my mind."

"You should write a song about it then," I teased. 

"Do you know how many songs I've written about," he asked. 

"A lot," I said. 

"Are you gonna answer the face time request,"Corbyn asked.

"Give me sec and let me change," I said. 

He was silent and I knew exactly why.

"Oops, sorry," I said.

"It's fine," he mumbled. 

I picked up my phone and face timed my fiance. 

"It's nice to see your face," I said. 

"It is," he said.

His voice was barely audible. 

"Maybe I should let you go and take care of yourself," I said.

"Probably the best idea," he said.

"Call me later?"

"Of course."

"Love you Bean."

"Love you too."

He hung up and just lied there looking out the window to the moon.

Just three more months until my wedding.

I was scared and excited.

I couldn't wait.