Chapter 14

Corbyn's Point of View

"Sorry for cutting you off," Michele said. "What was your question?"

"It's fine," I said. "I was wondering what you wanted to do today."

"I don't know," she said. "I guess I'm still worried about what my dad might do at the wedding."

"Babygirl, stop  stressing," I said. 

"But I can't help it," she said as she leaned her head on the window.

I didn't know what to do at this point.

"Wanna get some drinks or something," I asked.

"Mr. Besson wants to get drinks," my fiance asked, looking at me, a smirk close to appearing on her face.

"Oh shut it," I said.

"I'm wondering when we all got sexual needs that needed to be taken care of," she said. "We used to be so innocent and closed about our love lives and now everyone is either having a kid or getting married. What happened to the twenty two year olds we used to be?"

"I honestly don't know," I said. 

We were quiet again, this time the air more awkward than comfortable. 

"Corbyn," she said.

"Yeah," I replied.

"Do you want to start a family," she asked.

I just looked at her, forgetting we were in a car. I could tell she had forgotten too because the next thing we know, she's yelling at me to keep my eyes on the road and a red Chevy truck is coming our way.