Chapter 4

"When are you home today?" Jin asks as he puts the cereal away.

It has been a week since Jungkook started in school and to be honest, it has been horrible.

"Probably around 2 pm," Jungkook replies as he pulls an open hoodie over his muscular arms and shoulders.

It's Monday and he has a rather short day today. He's glad, 'cause then he can get home earlier and help his father.

"Okay, we don't have to keep the shop open for long today. People are to lazy on Mondays," Jin laughs slightly.

Jungkook hums and gets up to grab his bag and his skateboard. The sun is shining through the curtains, but there's still a bit of rim on the trees from what Jungkook can see.

"I'll see you later, and be careful," Jin smiles and softly runs a hand through Jungkook's hair. Jin is very touchy, but the younger doesn't mind at all.

"I'll try," Jungkook replies. He believes Jin does know about him getting bullied, but he's willing to wait for Jungkook to speak up about it.

"Bye," Jin calls as his son goes down the stairs and heads out in the silent streets.

Jungkook skates down the road, humming a little to himself as his hair is pushed back by the wind.

He feels good today, he wonders why. It's like his wolf is calm, like unnaturally calm. He doesn't have the usual headache and he doesn't have to compress anything for the first time in forever.

He reaches the school after a few minutes, pressing his foot on the back of the skateboard and pushing it up so the other end reaches his hand.

Just like any other day, people jump away or hide so they won't get in Jungkook's way, even though he sometimes wishes they would.

When he enters the front doors he pulls his hoodie down and looks up.

That's when it hits him. A feeling and a smell engulfing his body so abruptly he almost loses his breath.

It hugs around him as if it wants to take every bit of life that's left in him, but at the same time it's like a warm embrace.

The smell of strawberries and chocolate invades Jungkook's nostrils, almost making his legs shake in delight.

It's the most intoxicating and amazing scent Jungkook has ever smelled. It makes him want to close his eyes and just enjoy it for a moment, but at the same time it wants him to look all around himself and find the source of this scent.

Jungkook has an idea what this is. If he likes it or not is something his heart and mind are fighting about right in this moment.

In his heart, he's overjoyed.

In his mind, he's frightened.

He has only heard about this feeling from other people. He has only heard his father tell about the stories of people finding their better half.

About finding their mate.

Mate. Has he really, in his world of dispair and disaster, been blessed with a mate?

Jungkook stops when he realizes. He can smell his mate. And he can smell that this person is close.

Very close.

He has stopped in the middle of the hallway, a few people are passing by him confused. His eyes have been glued to the ground, and now he doesn't know if he has the heart to look up.

But that isn't his choice to make alone. He feels his wolf howls in joy and his head lifts up.

In the distance, he sees his principal stand next to another guy that Jungkook has seen at school before.

But behind the principle, there's someone else.

Someone different. Someone outstanding and a blessing.

Jungkook feels like the entire universe goes into slowmotion as Namjoon slowly steps aside.

Jungkook's brown eyes shine with something that no one would be able to explain as he looks ahead.

His eyes meet with a pair of blue ones. Blue like the sky, but also like the sea. Jungkook feels like he gets lost on them.

There stands an angel. He's not very tall, his features sharp yet feminine and his hair is painted in a beautiful, light-blue/turquoise color.

On his sharp, defined nose is a pair of round, thin-framed glasses resting.

Just like Jungkook, his eyes are filled with surprise, confusion and curiosity. His body language tells that this boy wasn't prepared to meet his mate on this particular Monday either.

And definetly not a mate like Jungkook.

Then, it downs over the raven. He feels his throat close up and his heart goes hardwire. His wolf is fighting with all of its existence to make Jungkook step forward and walk towards the other.

But Jungkook can't. He just can't. Not when a small glint of fear flashes in the smaller boy's eyes. It's so small that it's basically unseen, but Jungkook felt it. He felt it hard.

The blue-haired boy lifts his hand, probably to invite Jungkook to come closer.

That's all it takes for him to put his tail between his legs and he turns as fast as his body can.

His legs are throbbing as he sprints out of the building, not caring about the people he pushes aside in order to get away.

He doesn't even think about taking out his skateboard, he just keeps running.

His breath is clear before him even though it isn't very cold and his eyes are stinging with tears.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Is this a dream? Is he dead?

He runs all the way back to his house and smacks the door open. As soon as it falls shut behind him, he drops his skateboard on the ground and slams his hands over his mouth.

His wolf is howling and struggling, having trouble with being away from their mate.

Jungkook leans against the wall as he hears footstep come rushing down the  stairs, probably confused by the sudden noises.

"Jungkook- oh my God what happened!?" Jin stresses as he rushes over to the shaking boy.

Jungkook's eyes are blinking fast and his breathing is too unsteady to be healty.

"Jungkook calm down, it's okay, it's okay-" Jin takes Jungkook's hands from his mouth and pulls his into a hug.

Jungkook quickly returns the hug, holding the elder man tightly as his body starts calming down.

His wolf is still extremely upset, giving him an arching headache worse than ever before.

His heart is also craving something. Something that seems so far away but is probably standing in the hallway of his school, still confused.

"Jungkook?" Jin hesitantly whispers out when he feels that Jungkook has calmed down a little.

"I-I saw him dad," Jungkook stutters out.

"Who? Who did you see?" Jin asks as he pulls back and cups Jungkook's face in his hands.

"My-my... mate... I have a mate," Jungkook almost can't believe the words coming out of his own mouth. Never in a million years did he think he would have a mate.

Jin's eyes grow big as he stares at the other.

"That-That's amazing," Jin whispers out, clearly getting emotional from the situation.

He can't help but shake when he watches a tear run down Jungkook's cheek.

"H-He's so beautiful dad," Jungkook cries out. He hasn't cried in years.

Jin pulls him in to his shoulder and Jungkook immediately hides his face there.

"I can't... I-I don't deserve that."