one day • rayemma

Anything can happen in one day. I never expected this one time to be life-changing. It all started on that Monday morning, when my life suddenly found another path. It's cliche to say it turned upside down...or downside up for that matter. It simply changed.

"This is our new student, Emma. Go ahead and introduce yourself."

We had a new student. I looked at her like she was the sun. No, I didn't look at her in amazement and awe. She was way too bright and cheery so I had to squint my eyes. Her emerald eyes undoubtedly sparkled like rainbows and happiness. And in a surprising turn of events (note sarcasm), she ends up sitting beside me. What a shock (note extra deep levels of sarcasm).

"My name's Emma!"

Come lunch break, she held out her hand for me to shake it. I lightly scoff. "You said that this morning." She just kept smiling at me. Fortunately for her, she's friendly. Within this week, I bet she'd be friends with everyone in the school. Does that include me? I don't think so. She can try all she wants.

"What's your name?"

"Ray."

She reminded me of a sunflower. She leaned towards the sun, growing beautifully. I covered my eyes just a little. Emma is too sunshiny, luminous even, but nevertheless is the light of my life. I never realized that until the end of the day. She really did turn my life around. I'm very grateful.

Whenever she smiled at me, it sends a punch to my stomach and brain. She embarrasses me sometimes, making me want to set myself on fire. She sends me some notes in class, I don't reply. It took me some time until I was comfortable with her. That was when we were paired up for a project. We went to the library, and that accidentally happened. I ran away, not wanting to confront my feelings. I had to look her in the eye again after classes ended.

The sun slowly fell, just like how I fell for Emma. I blinked, my heart twitched. I knew then, even though she barely did anything but smile at me, that she really wanted to be my friend. I gave her a chance. And at the end of the day, I would hold out my hand to her.

"C'mon, Emma. Let's walk home together."

She'd gladly accept with a twinkling smile.

I'm glad to say that we are now happily dating. With Emma by my side, I couldn't be more happier. After all this time, she is the one thing missing from my life. I hold her dear in my heart for as long as I breathe.

the end.

a/n:
I tried my best.