Extra Chapter 60: Making It Up to Her

DRACO's POV

After the whole fiasco with the birthdays, we had returned home but Athena was locked in the office. I knew the kids noticed but that was days ago.

I had accepted multiple cases from Harry and today was December 31st and we'll be spending time with the rest of the family at the AVENGERS Compound. Everyone was gonna be there and I wanted to make sure that we would be fine.

I walked inside the kitchen and folded a few napkins and packed the cutlery. I heard walking and I turned. I saw Cass and she was typing on her phone.

I sighed, Cass had been upset as well and with both gold dust people the air in the manor was thick. She looked at me and smiled, "Hey dad. Everything packed? Don't wanna go back and forth this year." She joked as she opened the fridge.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, "That was not my fault, that was Scorp's." I said. She laughed and shook her head. We heard a snicker, we looked and saw my son. He had disbelief in his face and we laughed.

We heard the office door open and we all froze. The light footsteps were heard and Cass sighed, "I'll pack." She said and before I could say anything she was gone through apparition. Scorp sighed and then Athena came in the kitchen.

I looked at the things and fiddled with them. "Hey mum. I'll go pack, make sure Cass doesn't forget too." He said. I heard my wife laugh and my heart ached. I gulped and shook my head.

Walking to the sink I washed my hands and I heard Athena's heartbeat. I bit my lip and she sighed.

"Dray..." she said. I swallowed and dried my hands. I turned around but hummed and kissed her cheek. "I'm gonna finish the packing." I said.

She sighed, "Draco." She said in a stern voice. I froze and she turned me around. She sniffed and I looked at her and she had tear stains.

My heart ached and I shook my head, "Thena... Don't cry." I said. She sniffed and huffed, "I hurt you." She said.

I shook my head again, "That's not true. I hurt you. Again." I said. She looked at me and was about to argue but I held my hand up.

"I promised to understand you and to love you and to make sure you aren't hurt. And yet there I was, the cause of your pain. Love I'm so sorry." I said. I felt the tears running down my cheeks.

She shook her head and walked up to me, "No. I was too stubborn and too selfish. I'm sorry." She said. She wiped my tears away and I whimpered at her touch.

I cherished the burning sensation of her hands on my cheeks. "I missed you Thena..." I sobbed.

She huffed and cupped my cheeks, "I missed you too Dray. So much." She said. She leaned in and my breath hitched.

I felt her breath on my lips, "Kiss me please." She whispered. I obliged and I felt her knees go weak.

I gripped her waist as she tugged my hair. I missed her so much, I pushed her to a wall and she smiled. She pulled away, "Draco, no more fighting please. It hurts." She said.

I nodded and kissed her again. I felt the fire of our connection and the love burst through us. It was like the missing piece was back and I was complete.

--

JAMES' POV

We were already at the compound and the rest of the AVENGERS were there. I smiled at Pops Tony who ruffled my hair.

I walked to our table, "They're's still not here?" I asked as I sat next to my friends. They sighed and shook their heads.

"I'm worried. Aunt Thena, was so distant that day." LIv said. We all agreed until we heard cheers. We looked and saw Cass and Scorp greeting their family.

Me and Dom stood up, we walked to them and they smiled at us. Cass ran up to me and hugged me. I chuckled and shook my head.

I pulled back a little and kissed her straight in the lips. She chuckled and I smiled, I pulled away. "Oh I missed you constellation." I whispered.

She smiled and nuzzled my nose with hers, "I missed you too star." She said with a pout. I chuckled and kissed her again. We then heard a cough.

We pulled apart and looked at the ground. "Yes I know you missed each other but please do calm down." Uncle Pete said. The others laughed and we glanced at each other.

"Say Cass, Scorp, are your parents coming?" Ma Pep said. I felt Cass' emotion drop. I gripped her hand and she sighed.

"I think so. They weren't in the kitchen when we got back. But hopefully they will." Scorp said. The adults nodded, "Alright, time for food!" Pops Lucius said and Ma Narcissa laughed.

We took the sibling to our table and we all dug in. We were talking and were having dessert now. It was almost 12 and the new year was coming. We heard the wind pick up and we looked.

We saw golden dust around us. It gathered in the middle and we gasped. We saw Uncle Draco and Aunt Thena laughing.

The parents were scoffing or some were cooing. "Are we late?" Uncle Draco asked. I saw Uncle Theo and Blaise fake gag while Aunt Licia and Angel cheered. I watched as Aunt Thena blush.

I chuckled and Cass smirked. I gripped her hand, "You alright?" She smiled at me and nodded.

We heard the countdown, we looked around and everyone was holding someone. I gripped Cass' waist and she smirked.

"What's your plan Potter?" she asked. I smirked as the clock almost struck 12. I bit my lip and leaned in, "If I stole you first kiss of the year, would you be mad?" I asked rhetorically.

She laughed and then tipped her head. I pulled her as the countdown went to 5.

"5!" I felt warmth wrap around us. "4!" fireflies and butterflies flew around. "3!" I looked at my constellation as she looked at me.

"2!" I caressed her cheeks and she closed her eyes. "1!" Fireworks erupted and the skies were covered in beautiful colors.

I smashed my lips on hers and she smirked. I felt the magic surround all of us and I felt at home in her arms. "I never want to leave, you're home." I said in her head.

A/N:

And that my babes is the end of Act 5. It has been a long ride with the past Acts but don't worry we are nearing the end of this book. 

Nonetheless like always,  I hope you guys are enjoying the rest of September.

Today is my sister's birthday, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOOFUS! Thank you for pushing me to write and publish this series. Loveya!

Have a wonderful day babes!