Video #19

"I'm going to be clear here. I forgot that today was my older sister's birthday. I did buy her a present, but she's probably going to call me a cheapo. Honey, do you expect Santa Claus to come for your birthday too? Let's just say that Alexa is far too used to the glitz and glamor."

Today is October 20th, and Alexa's birthday.

Alexa and I are almost 3 years apart in age. She's finally turning 18 years old. And she's probably going to get in trouble again today because that's all that she does.

Her birthday falls on a Saturday, so she probably wants to host a lavish party. Like a Sweet 16, but she's 18 this time.

"But, don't you think that it's a good idea, 18 is more of a reason to celebrate." I heard her trying to convince both of my parents at the breakfast table.

"Why do you even care about your birthday that much when everyday always has to be about you?" I said back to her.

And suddenly, Alexa started to cry.

Ah yes, the "crying will get my way" scheme. Alexa has done this stupid trick at least 70 times too many. Either I said something or life did not go her way, she decided to throw a hissy fit.

Normally, the parents understand me when Alexa has her crying breakdowns.

"You shouldn't say that on Alexa's birthday." My mother mumbled.

Ok, maybe I was too harsh on her. But, Alexa is not a complicated puzzle to break down. Everybody knows her schemes.

I closed my eyes for a moment.

"Alexa, I'm sorry." I sighed.

"And normally, you don't apologize. But, since I'm a good sister, I'll let you off the hook."

Yeah, right.

All morning, Alexa was trying to ask mom and dad if she could have a birthday party. And most of the time, I could understand why mom and dad would say no. (School Night, Traffic, Plans, etc.)

I would just go to a destination for a weekend and spend my birthday there. Alexa is a little bit of a homebody, believe it or not.

Even when I went to my room, I could still hear her walking around the first floor talking to mom and dad about a parting and asking.

"Mom, can we please get a cake?"

"Dad, is it ok if we use the pool to make reverse marshmallows?"

"Mom, can I borrow your jet ski?"

"Dad, can I borrow your car?"

Eventually, you could hear the sigh of both of my parents.

"Fine, but you can have only 5 friends over."

"OHMYGODTHANKYOUSOMUCH!"

I'm not even there, but I can imagine Alexa going on a texting binge and texting 100 people to come to our house.

"Don't forget, the grandparents are coming too."

"Right."

And soon, I could hear knocking at my door.

"Little Sister! Sissy that I love very much! I need you to do me a favor!!"

I got up, closed my light novel and walked to the door before Alexa broke it down.

"Can you do some favors with me?" Her smile meant something was up.

And now, we are in her car, driving to a party store. Because it's Alexa's birthday. Hooray.

^You can tell that I am being sarcastic there, can you?

Anyways....

We finally get to the store and Alexa grabs a shopping cart and starts speed walking down the Aisles and grabbing whatever she likes or catches her interests. (Alexa impulse buys all the time)

"Did you even bring your credit card?" I asked her.

"Of course I did." She said proudly.

All of us have 2 credit cards each. My parents decided to give me a credit card for kids, since they're afraid that I'll turn into Alexa in terms of spending habits. It's not that I don't like shopping. I don't buy the whole store.

And of course, Alexa maxed out her first credit card at the beginning of the month for the hottest new accessories.

"But mom!!!!!!! You need a matching hat and bag for everything!!!!!! What do you mean that it's a waste? It's called fashion, mother."

Honestly, most of the stuff that Alexa buys, she'll end up forgetting about or use it for a short amount of time and then give it to me or friends.

Alexa decided to have a black and white theme going on with the party. With decorations like we're wedding planners or something. I do sometimes get embarrassed shopping with Alexa. Not because I look and dress like a hobo, but because she compares me and herself to other people. Long story short, my older disorder might turn into a Karen in maybe 10 or 20 years, we'll have to see.

After a full shopping cart caught way too many eyes, I took control of the cart and Alexa and I went to the register.

"$546.77."

Alexa smiled and held her credit card proudly.

"By the way, are you two friends or something?" The cashier asked.

We looked at each other, it wasn't common that we were seen as cousins, but never friends. I can understand why he thought that. At first glance, we don't really look THAT alike. My skin is a shade darker than Alexa. She looks more Northern European while I look more Portuguese.

"Oh no, we're actually sisters." I smiled at the cashier.

"Really?"

I nodded.

"Fraternal Twins?"

I shook my head.

"Aah, I normally don't see sisters that look almost completely different. You two are a unique case."

I could've struck a conversation with the nice cashier, but Alexa pretended that mom was calling and urged us to get out of there.

While we were in the car, Alexa's phone was blowing up.

"Ok, how many people did you really invite?"

"Um, 105." Alexa was proud.

"Mom and Dad said 5 only, do you remember the last time you threw a massive party? The cops came to our house and thought that I was the host." I loudly mumbled.

"Geez, stop being so stiff and grow up. Live your life and get your nose out of a book for once."

I hated having these conversations with my sister. Luckily, we just got home and I helped Alexa bring all of the decorations in the house. And, I went up to my room instead of actually helping her, she might seem like she hates work, but rich people will talk about anything while doing work. Give them work me tbey'll make it fun.