Video #43

"Now, based on the time that you are making this, you are probably thinking too hard. Yes, it is February 13th, I still like Adrian. No, he doesn't have to be my valentine. I don't believe in Valentine's Day, unless a miracle happens, then that will be the only time that I will believe."

Valentine's Day never really was a concept that I understood. You're either single and eating ice cream at 10 in the morning on that day or your special someone spoils you and you spoil them. Even at school, the student board of the sophomores deciding on doing a couple's vote for people that you don't even know.

Alexa and Chance were on there, so I voted for them. They are a long lasting relationship, but it's been somewhat rocky lately. They haven't really been romantically attracted to each other that much anymore. The two of them are the same person. You want to know why? Money. Money is their only personality trait. They think the status that money brings them means everything. Other than that, it's like nothing else really mixes.

Chance is this posh boy who tries to be a man in front of others, but it makes him come off too much as a try hard. He does have manners and he is a talker, he looks like a British prince (sort of) and he gives off a majestic feel. But, he thinks that looks make up him. If you talk to him, it's like he's reading a script, he's so dry. If he was a color, he would be a shade of grey. I don't know which one either.

While Alexa is this girl that comes from this well off family and has everything at her fingertips, except servants of course. If you forced her to work, she'd pay somebody to cut off your feet. Coming from her younger sister, I should be acting that way, not her. She treats everybody how she wants to, but can compose herself in a quick time. If she didn't think theater was for lame nerds with no life, she would so be a major theatre kid. But no, she follows the trends.

I wonder what mom and dad think. The night say that they are happy, but to get them to wipe off their smiles and tell the truth, it would require a lot of annoying them. Both of them are stubborn and a bit cold. I mean, they are a Capricorn and a Taurus. No surprise.

When it was around 8 at night, I went into the living room and found mom and dad sitting together with some drinks with them.

"Ah! If it isn't our daughter! Have you finished your homework?" My mother laughed.

I nodded.

"Shannon, stop pretending that you're drunk." My dad said in a laughing tone.

"What? I mean come on, alcohol is disgusting. I'm just being extra and drinking lemon water in a wine glass."

I laughed, even though they can be a little quiet, mom and dad have a friendly and fun side to their relationship.

"This is such a weird question, but what do you think about dating? Do you guys have any limitations or anything?"

"I mean, as long as you are sure, then yes. You can date, those kinds of feelings are yours and yours only. As a father, my only thing is I don't want either of you to date a player or a flake. A player will play with you and then toy with others while flakes will only be there for a while and then leave just as the love that you felt for them is at it's peak." My dad said. "I've seen too many relationships that either the player comes out or the flake. And a player can also be a narcissist too. They make you worship them and then once you treat them like a messiah, they'll leave you."

"How do you so much about relationships?" I asked.

"I worked at a bar. I've seen some messy breakups."

"Why are you asking this? Are you dating somebody?"

I laughed.

"I probably won' date somebody for a while. I don't want to rush with things. And, I would date somebody that I can call a friend, just like you two were."

My dad got up and hugged me.

"That's my girl!"