Video #39

"Today is my mother's birthday. I can't believe she's going to be 40 years old. She really is a strong woman. What a motherly figure. She's not tough as nails but not soft. And to be honest, she's been through a lot. That's why I'm grateful to have her, she is the reason why I'm alive and yes, I didn't forget to buy a present for her."

Ah yes, my mother. The woman that practically raised me and gave birth to me. She has been through so much and I know that she fears that her childhood events could happen to us. But, even when thorns dug into her heels, she kept on walking. She survived literal homelessness and poverty, never took showers daily, never brushed her hair, worked as a pole dancer for a year or two, survived two very serious anemia attacks, and so much more. She models and is an agent at the same time, she is even my father's agent. Talk about power woman.

Every morning, she wakes up about a half an hour before me and makes lunch for all of us and even dresses up and you come down the stairs and there she is with a smile on her face.

We are going out to dinner later tonight at Jayson's World Class Grill and I'm so excited since that place makes a mean steak, and I love steak, but my sister and mother are both vegetarians.

And, I got her a pair of Garnet Earrings.

Dad got her a bouquet of flowers and Alexa got her a new purse.

Every time I see my mother, I envision what her life was like as a child. Single mom, family couldn't pay the bills, struggling to get food, dirty, poor living conditions, ended up doing dirty jobs to stay afloat, her mother worked too, but nobody knew where the money went.

Both of my parents took the bullets of a traumatic childhood for their kids, because they didn't want their kids growing up in poverty, and they wished every day that one day, a miracle would happen.

Oh, I'm getting sidetracked.

The morning of mom's birthday, dad and I start setting out a wonderful breakfast feast. Alexa, of course is sleeping. Not like she would help. Dad and I make egg omelet, vegetarian sausage, home fries, and pancakes for mom. We then make a plate along with a cup of lemon tea and bring it to her.

"Happy Birthday Mom!"

She is leaning on the bed rest.

"Oh! What a delight! Such variety! Randy, you sure that you didn't burn down the kitchen this time?"

"Shannon baby, that was one time. It's not my fault that Kat was only 18 months old and trying to eat the TV Remote."

"First off, who fries toast? Second off, you let yourself get distracted too easily."

The two of them were playful and they laughed together. Man, they do have a love that seems unbreakable, I wish that could be me with somebody.

I had school later that day, so dad said that he was going to take over all of mom's responsibilities for the day.

"You can do some work of mine later." He winked to me.

I lit up.

Oh, and about my class thing, let's just say that my English teacher yelled at the whole class because they were bickering.

"Even if she was the daughter of Randall Richardsons, you should treat her equally. If it's somebody poor, you treat them like garbage. If it's somebody more well off, you hate them. What is wrong with you all?"

Don't think about it, you have school.

After School, I quickly did my homework in my room and then ran downstairs and went to my dad's office.

"You want to learn a few things under my wings?"

I agreed and watched Dad and started learning what he was doing. Phone calls, emails, papers, business deals, the jist. I know this will be my future in at least 10 years from now.

Once that was done, we all got changed and went out to dinner for mom's birthday.

Jayson's is an upper class steakhouse with everything at least $20. High class food and high class service. Alexa should work here.

I ordered a medium well steak while mom and Alexa ordered salads. Dad ordered smoked salmon.

We laughed and once we ate dinner, we got dessert and mom was sung happy birthday to the whole staff. She was pretty embarrassed, but everybody is.

Also because dad, Alexa, and I were stupid and we forgot to buy mom a cake at home. Enjoy a $25 slice of carrot cake instead, you deserve it.

There's so much that I want to say to my mother so I'll say it here.

Dear mom, happy 40th birthday to you. Thank you for being my rock and being a compassionate mother. You encouraged me to be myself and knew what was right and what was wrong. From packed lunches to kisses on the head from you, I'm so grateful that you are my mother. I'm grateful to have your pale brown eyes, and I'm grateful to have your reflex. You're tough and you've been through it all. And you know that I'm your favorite, you just won't admit it. Hehe. Anyways, have a wonderful day mom, I love you.
Katherine (Kat) Ruby Richardsons.
Your daughter