Video #52

"Alexa hasn't been her usual self lately. It seems like she has gotten sadder, refuses to stay in the house, and is always very very moody. When I say VERY I mean VERY VERY MOODY. It could be possible that she could be developing anger issues, and I don't even know what's happening."

Alexa was out of the house which left me alone once again. I could invite some friends over, but they are probably busy with homework and family things. While I'm watching a series of anime, yep, it's Toradora. Ok, Taiga is cute, I know. I get it.

After finishing my 10th episode of the day, I go to Alexa's room and start to have a feeling that something is fishy. Alexa always has her door closed, but it was closed over. I quietly open it and find her room, while not a mess is cleaner than usual. Alexa is also a little bit of a neat freak, but the level of cleanliness in the room is absolutely insane compared to what she normally does. However, there is a small lump in her comforter, and of course, the only thing I can do is take a peak.

I gently take the comforter off of the bed and find a medicine bottle. Strange, but it's spilled over and there are tiny blue-green capsules. I take the bottle and examine it.

Zantrek.

Lose weight fast!
11 pounds in 11 days!
Metabolic speed up! Studies prove this fact works out well!

Oh no.

Alexa has been looking thinner recently as well. Is this what was happening? Is this the reason why she refuses to eat and never comes out of her room? She's taking these pills for a quick fix? Everybody knows that quick fixes are not the right way to do these things.

I want to text Alexa or call her, but she would be like "Why were you in my room in the first place? Those were Jessica's, I don't know how they got there either." And if I tell mom and dad, then they'll make Alexa go to therapy again and then Alexa will beat me up in the night again.

That's when I experienced a flashback. When Alexa was in 8th grade, I found her trying to throw up her dinner by sticking her fingers down her throat. She did this by pretending to drop her phone and then crouch under the table and that's when  she would stick her fingers down her throat. She then excused herself and threw up for a good 5 minutes. I watched over her and she never ate at all or when she had to, threw it up or burned it all off by excessively working out.

I was always fine with the way I was, but I never went that far. Because I was scared that I was going to be like her.

I told mom and dad and they immediately took her to a therapist where she was diagnosed with a lot of disorders. Anorexia, Bulimia, bipolar disorder, depression, and anemia.

The anemia we knew for certain because mom had it while she was carrying Alexa. She also developed Anemia with me, but it wasn't as severe and I did not get it for some odd reason. Once again, take in the fact that for most of our lives, we made our own decisions on what we could do, and as long as we were not overdoing it or harming ourselves, we could do whatever we wanted. This, of course, Alexa took advantage of.

Alexa was always smart and cunning in her own way. She took Mom and dad's money to go shopping and buy things, she would sneak out of the house and made actual distractions such as she could be taking a loud shower by turning the water on and playing music in the bathroom. Alexa also likes to plan ahead, and instead of writing her notes from class, she's planning something else of her own.

But, right as I'm about to find something else, I hear the front door open from downstairs and I decide to do something really stupid. I go outside to her little balcony and slide down. I fall on a blanket of snow, because you know, it's March in Massachusetts, it still snows in the northeast.

I go into the house and find Alexa in the kitchen, grabbing a glass of water.

"What the hell were you doing?"

"I dropped my phone outside and then I lost it." I lied.

"Typical Kat." She said snobbishly.9