Chapter 1

12 Years Earlier...

Narrator

"Can I please get a doctor here? Hurry we can't lose her."  A wavering and tired voice crocked out.

Hestia couldn't tell if she was awake, sleeping, or perhaps dying. She could not feel pain, she wanted to tell the voice she was okay and that they shouldn't worry but try as much to open her mouth no sound came out.

Her throat was sore, she tried opening her eyes but they felt heavy, and was afraid they'd close forever if she dared shut them so she fought to stay awake.

"I don't fucking care, get your private doctors, what kinda sicko goes on holidays when there could be emergencies like this" the same voice came out again and they sounded frustrated.

Frail hands reached out to clutch her weak palms and quiet sobs filled my ears. She could tell it was a little girl because her sobbing voice cried out to her, "You.....can't leave.. me...alone Esty....you..you... promised we'd get married." She choked out.

Her body was being carried and placed on an uncomfortable bed, it felt like the bed had huge lumps. She heard several voices but,  couldn't exactly pinpoint who it was. She felt as though she was being pricked by needles in her arms.

She wanted to groan out in pain but remembering her sore throat she stopped herself. "We need to take her to the theater immediately, she has sustained a major head injury, and her limbs seem to be dislocated, Nurse Cohort inject her with the anesthesia so we can proceed, I will need you to sign these papers please agree to the surgery." A  monotonous voice demanded.

The Little girl laying on the bed could not believe what he said, dislocated limbs? A head injury? That would explain why she felt the heaviness of her head.

"Of course, give them to me I will sign everything I am her aunt" The woman glared at the doctor who seemed unaffected by the woman's stare. Probably having seen such looks from patients' families.

"No, we will need her mother or father to sign it or a legal guardian" The doctor suggested, his voice well controlled.

'Hello ....patient here in need of surgery, can't they see am in pain here.' The little girl thought.

"I said I'll sign the papers now get her to the theater NOW!" The patients' aunt seethed.

The stretcher was rolled in hurriedly, her body kept bumping up and down. Could they be more careful!?

She snickered in her head. Behind her she could hear the little girl's voice, "I'll wait for you to get better Esty and if you die I'll kill you." Okay, she was a little insane to suggest killing her when she came to, but, it felt good to have someone waiting for her.

A bang! The door shut and all went quiet as the doctors mumbled among themselves. She didn't understand what was happening.

"Come on Cohort inject her now so we can be done with the surgery." That was the last thing she heard before darkness consumed her.

'Funny how life can change within a tick of a clock. Is this what death is? Being consumed by darkness and nothing to pull you out?' Hestia thought sadly.

How could her life be over before it even started? Darkness! That is all she saw everywhere she glanced.

"Come on Esty wake up, I know you can hear me, please wake up" Little Athena pleaded, sobs raking her.  She had been doing that for what, a year? Probably.