Chapter 12

Hestia

Who would have thought the great Athena Ealwood could be so interesting. It's been over a week since we went to the carnival .

I had the most amazing time with her and her daughter plus her nanny. Rosey is such a cute little girl. Her sense of humor is that of a grown-up. She had me in tears the whole day.

I felt a connection between her and me. It's only the first time meeting her but that kid can melt your heart.

No wonder Athena is so proud of her. I'm sure I would.

Going to the carnival reminded me of the little girl that kept calling me 'Esty'. She also kept telling me we were going to the carnival. I get frustrated when that's all that can play in my mind.

I would love to just up and remember everything but Dr. Lisa told me it would take time. I should take it slow and soon everything will be fine.

Will it? Will I discover something important to me? I might get to see the face of the little girl . . . that's a plus. Or will I find out something that could put me in danger?

I guess the only way to find out is to just let the process take its time.

Athena is usually in a business mood except when we're alone in her office for some private meeting or a meal.

She's been making me her infamous coffee the whole week and I have to admit it is the best coffee I've drunk.

Everything is coming up my way. My ex is in prison, I have got a well-paying job, my boss is finally warming up to me. Can things get any better than this?

"Esty...are you listening?"

"Huh?"

"I've been talking all this time and you were zoned out, "Athena rolled her eyes.

"Sorry, you were saying?" I smiled sheepishly

She chuckled and said, "We will be leaving for a business meeting on Monday. It's outside the country so get your things ready. It's a seven hours flight. We'll be back on Thursday evening."

"Okay Miss." I nodded

"Ugh, how many times do I have to ask you not to call me Miss when we're alone or with family," she groaned.

"Sorry Mi . . . I mean Athena ."I apologized.

"Much better, now since it's Friday and I know you'd love to go out with your friends why don't you go home early I'll finish up with the documents just lay them on my desk,"Athena smiled.

"Oh I wouldn't want to impose at all, I can stay and help you besides my friends are coming over to my place so it's no big deal. You're paying me to assist you not the other way around."

"It's nothing really, go have fun with your friends" she shrugged.

I thought about it for a minute. I haven't been able to hang out with the guys so much, this is a good chance. I also don't want to leave Athy all alone working, truth be said she offers some good company, but I can't argue with her on this or anything for that matter. She always wins.

I sighed giving in, "Well alright but if anything happens don't hesitate to call me. I'll be right over."

"Uh, someone is that eager to spend time with me?" She teased wiggling her eyebrows.

"You wish" I laughed.

"Trust me I do" She mumbled.

"What was that?"

She looked me in the eyes and said, "Trust me I do"

Her hazel eyes pierced into mine with the intensity they held. I felt my heartbeat quicken. I mean I thought I heard her say that but I didn't expect to say it out loud.