Chapter 68.) Stone's Diary

After the altercation, King disappeared. Hours turned into a day, and a day turned into two, then three. It was August 23rd, two weeks since the fight and King still hadn't contacted anyone.

Of course, Renae tried to act tough and as if it didn't bother her, but she cried herself to sleep every night. She knew she fucked up and wasn't sure if she could fix it.

The kids were conflicted. Part of them wanted to be mad at King, but he had finally got to witness what they had to deal with during the year of his absence. This was the Renae they were all afraid of and he finally got a taste of it.

"Did you check his old crib?" Dajon asked Kwan as they sat in his living room while Dante played with his toys.

"He ain't there... dis shit iz heavy," Kwan shook his head. This wasn't like King to up and leave without some form of contact.

"I know it's fucked up to say... but I'm not even mad he hit her back... she was fucking him up," Dajon chuckled and Kwan cut his eyes at him. It wasn't funny to him. Nothing about the situation was.

        "Di gyal iz sick... obviously scared. Shi took it out on him and he took di bait shi threw him," Kwan said then shook his head.

        "He's been taking a lot of shit from her and everyone. That's my sister and I love her to death, but she fucked up."

        Kwan stared at Dante then sighed, "I needa call mi son," he stood and headed into the kitchen.

      Dajon stared at Dante for a moment then smiled. He really did want another kid, there was just too much going on right now.

        "Daddy look!" He cheesed holding up the action figure.

        "I see big man, you ready for a snack?"

        Dante nodded eagerly. He knew what snack time meant; mommy's famous cookies, peanut butter, and chocolate chip.

        "Where Ary at?" Kwan asked once Dajon entered the kitchen.

        "I thought you knew. Yanna called and she dipped."

        Kwan furrowed his brows in deep thought then shrugged it off. He resumed talking with his son and Dajon grabbed a few cookies for Dante. Things were weird in the family and he needed it to go back to normal.

***

        It was later in the day. Kairo was in the dining room cleaning up. Assyria was in the living room watching some cartoon he never heard of and Ava was in the room with Renae asleep.

She had another chemo session today and today was one of her bad days. Her face was pale, she could barely walk, let alone stand for more than two minutes, and sadly, her hair was beginning to fall out.

       The twins hated what was going on and found any excuse to be and stay away from home. It didn't feel like home anymore and they wanted to stay away.

       The front door opening caught Kairo's and Assyria's attention but the moment Kairo laid eyes on his father, the rage came.

      He felt as if King should have stayed. It was like the last time when he ran away and left them to deal with Renae always being upset and wanting to set the world on fire.

      Kairo resumed cleaning as if he didn't see King and Assyria focused back on the tv, unsure if she should go against her brother just because she missed her father; King was her favorite person on earth, but if Kairo had beef then so did she.