Chapter 57.)

"Code blue! Code blue!"

        "Patient's heart rate is faint. I picked up on some respiratory distress, she had chemo earlier this day. Pupils are dilated, seems to be some redness in the throat area.... inserting breathing tube on three," The nurse spoke as they made it into the emergency room with Renae.

King was right behind them, watching as they stuck the tube down her throat.

"Heartbeat is still faint... I'm barely getting a pulse," another nurse commented as she rushed around the other side of the bed.

Somebody had bumped into Kingston and if he wasn't so out of it, they would have caught his signature right hook.

        "Sorr— Kingston?" Eve's eyes bucked.

"EVE!" Alice yelled as she ripped Renae's shirt open.

Staring at King momentarily, Eve rushed over and froze when she realized Renae was the patient that coded.

"Come on Renae, talk to me babygirl," Alice said as she grabbed the AEDs.

"Somebody talk to me!" The first nurse ordered as she continued with pumping air into Renae's mouth but got no response.

"Heartbeat is failing."

Removing the tube, the nurse nodded to Alice.

"Starting low on three," she announced as she powered the machine on.

"One... two... clear!"

Renae's chest lifted briefly then fell back down and they stared at the monitor.

"Higher," Alice said before shocking Renae again.

The monitored beeped for a little then flatlined.

"Come on babygirl!" They stressed.

       King felt as if he was in an episode of Grey's Anatomy or something. There was so much going on, so many words he didn't understand and too much movement but his eyes were on the heart monitored, the damn thing wouldn't budge.

"Turning it up to full force," Alice mumbled then took a deep breath and shocked Renae again.

The monitor remained flatlined and they stared at each other somberly.

King placed his hands on top of his head and tilted his head back as he took every precaution not to lose his damn mind.

       The nurses were doing everything they could because he made it clear that if she died, they would as well, and quite frankly, they valued their lives.

"Give me the highest you got," the nurse stared at a nervous Alice.

Nodding, she cut it up until it couldn't turn anymore and counted down before shocking Renae not once but twice.

They stared at the monitor for what felt like hours until the line rose.

         "No!" They yelled when it flatlined again.

         King's hand went behind his neck and took calculated breaths as he began pacing. That damn Yung was antagonizing him again but he wasn't ready to let him out just yet.

        "Performing chest compressions," Eve spoke as she switched places with Alice.

        As she did her duties, the rest of the nurses did what they could to restarts Renae's heart.