Chapter 58.)

"Why do you keep calling my phone? I told you I already ruined my family enough with this shit," Bryson stressed as he entered Lucy's home.

        "We need to talk Bryson," she mumbled and he eyed her skeptically.

        "Anytime people say that shit, it never ends well,"

        Motioning for him to sit down, she grabbed a small folder and handed it to him and chewed on her bottom lip nervously.

       Opening the folder, he removed the stuff then narrowed his eyes at her when the pregnancy test fell onto his lap.

        "Lucy, what the fuck is this?"

        Rubbing the back of her neck awkwardly, she took a deep breath before speaking, "I'm having a baby..."

       His eyes traveled from her face then took her stomach and she opened the jacket revealing her belly. Bryson, astonished, stuff the items back into the folder and jumped up.

        "It's yours... ours," she blurted and he whipped around with dark eyes.

        "You told me your ass couldn't get pregnant! That was the only reason I ain't wrap it up! So what kind of game are you playing? It's been almost five years since that video was put out there and you hit me with this shit? Are you fucking crazy?"

       "Bu- but we still messed around Bry... you were there for me when Drew left," she grabbed his arm and he snatched away.

       This had just made things more complicated, he didn't want any more kids, especially not with someone that he was creeping around with behind his kids back, the whole situation was fucked up.

        "I felt bad for you... we were both in a dark place, that was it," he mumbled.

       "So you don't love me?" she tried to blink away the tears but they kept coming.

        "I love my kids... we should have never started that shit... you said you couldn't have kids Lu!" he yelled and she jumped back.

        "I um... I... I found another way... I'm having a girl, Bryson," those words had stripped the air from his body and his body grew weak.

      A daughter? He couldn't have another kid, especially not a daughter, he had Renae... his sweet Zuri... the first one to steal his heart.

        "I don't believe you," he snatched the door open and left out before she could say anything else. This had just complicated things, even more, he knew once she had the baby and it looked just like him shit would hit the fan; he wasn't ready for that...

        It was June 6th, Renae was released from the hospital two days ago and has been focusing on getting used to her normal activities such as showering, laughing, and eating. She had to press a pillow into her stomach if she needed to sneeze, cough, or laugh. She was expected to heal by early July or at the end of it.

        The kids were in their rooms taking the exams, the twins were cooped up in their room as well, Karen was in the backyard fixing the garden, and King was actually asleep after Renae had to beg him to rest.

         Hearing the door opening, Renae didn't bother to turn to see who it was, Layton was in the dining room talking with Rue and Dajon was in the kitchen making her lunch.

       "Renae?" Ary smiled softly once she entered the living room with balloons and a fruit basket.

       "Hey..." she cut her eyes to the fruit basket, "Can't eat those."