Chapter 40.)

A few years ago

        "Did shi hit yuh again?" Kaari asked Reign as she inspected herself in the mirror.

         "No... just trying to get dis fi heal," Reign replied as she rubbed cocoa butter over the bruise.

          "Gyal dah won't work," Kaari laughed before walking out the bathroom.

          Staring at herself in the mirror, Reign took a deep breath then sighed deeply before washing her hands and left out.

        Bumping into Renae, Reign stepped back and avoided making eye contact.

          "Mum?" Kaari called before Renae could say something to Reign.

         Glancing at Reign briefly, she turned to Kaari and lifted a brow.

        "Did yuh tek yur medicine?"

         "I did," Renae answered before turning back to Reign and tapped her chin.

          "Can we talk?"

           "I'm late," Reign mumbled then walked away.

          "I'm the bad guy now huh?" Renae asked when Kaari attempted to walk away as well.

        "Yuh just blackout... a lot," she replied before jogging downstairs.

        "Weh a yuh a go gyal? Practice a nuh until Tuesday,"

            "Yae'Shawn's walking di neighborhood, I'm meeting up with him," Reign answered.

        "Mi swear yuh run afta him lakka im unnu mon ar sinting," Kaari chuckled and Reign frowned.

         "He's mi fren," she spoke in a dull tone, making Kaari laugh.

         "I'm just teasing,"

           "Right," she said before leaving out and placed her earphones in allowing Sonyae Elise, She's Broken album to play.

        Issues, was her song of choice even though the lyrics were about a man, Reign didn't mind flipping it to fit her current situation.

         She had to only been walking for about a minute when someone tapped her shoulder.

         Knowing who it was, she removed her earphones and glanced over at Yae'Shawn.

          "Must you always look so mean?" He laughed.

          "Dis iz mi regular face," she reminded and he only laughed.

        "You should be happy to see me, always hiding in that house of yours," he nudged her and she shrugged staring ahead.

        "Away fram di paparazzi and world,"

          "It doesn't have to be like that... are you trying to rebuild your relationship with your dad?" He asked.

           "Every time I see him... I get emotional," she admitted then sighed.

        "Because you miss him... stop being so angry with him Des, that man loves you... you have a pops that would lay down his life for you. I don't even know who my so-called father is... some things you just gotta be grateful for," he told her and she slowly nodded.