June 18th

"I know why he did it, but King I wanted one more kid... he should have asked me or you first!" Reign sat outside her parents bedroom door, listening to them argue again. If the door wasn't cracked, she would have never heard on her way downstairs but she was a little curious as to what was going on.

"And I already told you I didn't want another one... you almost died and you're still stuck on wanting another baby after it almost killed you. You had a dead fetus in you and didn't even know it, how tha' hell do you think dat makes me feel? You got pregnant a day before your chemo started, how do I know? Do tha' damn math... what we did wasn't just some ordinary fucking!"

Pursing her lips together, Reign decided that she had overstayed her welcome, and crept down the hall and headed for the stairs.

"Where are you going?" Kairo asked once Reign walked by.

"Shawn wanted to ave lunch," she smiled and he scrunched his face up.

"Bring me something back, please," he grinned and she laughed grabbing her jacket.

"Maybe,"

When she left out, he headed into the kitchen to get something to snack on. He was glad that School had ended two days ago and now he could sleep in when he wanted to, stay up as late as he wanted, and didn't have to worry studying for tests.

Hearing footsteps, he glanced over his shoulder and Assyria walked in the kitchen looking exhausted.

"I don't feel good," she mumbled.

Walking towards her, he touched her forehead and felt how warm it was.

"Does your tummy hurt?"

"Un-huh," she nodded.

Picking her up, he sat her on top of the counter and went ahead and grabbed the medicine out the cabinet. Pouring some in the spoon, he let her take it then handed her a small bottle of ginger ale.

"You wanna lay down?" he asked when she finished.

"Yeah."

Picking her up, he walked into the living room and laid her down.

"I'm about to fix me a snack, try to take a nap if you can," he told her and she nodded hugging the pillow.

Going back into the kitchen, he grabbed some cheese crackers and an apple then rejoined Assyria in the living room just as she was dozing off.

As she slept, he ate and watched a documentary called The African Americans: Many Rivers to Cross. He was intrigued and also saddened by just how little black people were treated compared to their white counterparts.

It just made him appreciate life more and made him understand why his parents wanted them to do their best in school and make their best out of life.

King entered the living room and stood to the side staring at the tv briefly with his arms crossed and Kairo cut his eyes at him.

"Y'all definitely took after your mom with di stuff... what is dis?"

"A documentary about how most of us forget who we are and where we originally came from. It talks a lot about our struggles that were here before we got here. It talks about things that we basically threw to the side just to feel or be accepted... it's actually good," Kairo answered and King nodded then glanced over noticing Assyria asleep.

"It's twelve in tha' afternoon, why is she asleep?" he asked.

"Sick again," Kairo replied simply.