Chapter 49.)

8-year-old Reign and Kaari

        "Mummy is pregnant... again," Reign murmured to Dajon as he worked on building the crib.

        "Why do you sound so upset about the news?" he chuckled and she shrugged.

        "Shi always deh gets sick when shi have ah baby... just lakka di laas time." she pouted.

        "What did you say?" he asked, he's been around the twins and Kwan long enough but patwah was not his strong suit.

        "Nutten,"

        "What did you say, Ray?"

"Nutten, Uncle," she answered and he nodded.

"Aight, grab those instructions for me,"

Doing as told, she grabbed the sheet and handed it to him then sat back down.

"Wah do yuh tink Mum's having?" she asked swinging her legs back and forth.

"She's five months... you gotta ask her lil bit," he replied as Kaari entered the room.

"Uncle D.J, I got grapes for yuh," she cheesed, holding up the bag.

         "You and those grapes, come on lil monster," he chuckled.

          Laughing, she ran over and sat next to him.

          Reign sat there watching the two interact as if she wasn't even there. She knew Dajon favored Kaari but she had hoped he wouldn't do it in her face.

        She was aware that her uncles had their favorites but she never expected things to be thrown in her face.

         "Where are you going?" Dajon asked when Reign made her way toward the door.

          "Somewhere," she mumbled then left before he could say anything.

        "Hey, what's the matter with you?" Renae asked.

          "Wah are yuh having?" Reign asked, ignoring her question.

         "Why do you look as if you've been crying, Ray?"

          "I have not," she sighed then ran upstairs.

             Sighing, Renae threw her hands up in defeat before heading for the kitchen.

            "Where's Kai?" King asked with a mouthful Cheerios.

             "With your mom... hey, did you say anything to Ray?"

           Frowning, King shook his head. "I haven't seen her since she went in the back with D.J,"

         "Why?" He questioned, now concerned.

         "She was crying earlier,"

         "What you mean crying? Like somebody did something to her crying?"

          "That's what it seems like," she answered.

            Placing the bowl into the sink, King headed out the kitchen with Renae behind him.

            Once they made it upstairs to the twins' room, King knocked first before opening the door only to find Reign in bed, almost asleep.