Chapter 27.) Without Warning

"What's wrong with you?" Yae'Shawn asked when Reign dodge his kiss. It's been two days but she was still feeling a way about their lunch incident.

          "Nutten," she mumbled going into the living room with the stuff for his hair.

           "You've been ignoring my calls, obviously it's something baby girl,"

        "I'm fine," she shrugged sitting down.

        Shaking his head, he went ahead and sat on the carpet and picked up his game controller.

        He would've let her attitude slide but the way she kept gripping his damn hair as if she was trying to pull his roots out had him ready to flip her over the sofa.

        "Bro get off my head like that,"

        "Don't bro mi,"

       "Bro," he repeated reaching back and moved her hand. "Stop playing with me,"

        "I'm not doing anything," she defended picking up the small rubber band to tie around the end of his braid.

         "Desiree,"

         "Wah?" She frowned pushing his hand away when he tried to move her hand.

         "Take the attitude back home yo, I can wait on this shit," he stressed pausing the game.

        "I don't have an attitude Shawn," she sighed parting his hair then flinched when he grabbed her wrist a little harder than intended.

        "If you stab me with that shit again, we gon have a problem, Desiree," he warned releasing her wrist and picked up his controller.

          "Yuh act lakka mi did di shit on purpose!"

"You walk in this bitch mad at the fucking world, damn right I'ma feel that way. So chill the fuck out!" He snapped.

"Who said I wuz mad at di fucking world? I'm doing yur damn hair lakka always," She sassed picking up the comb and he snatched it from her.

"You can get out with the bullshit," he shrugged pausing the game and moved to the side before pointing towards the door.

Ignoring him, she picked the comb up and motioned for him to sit back.

"Keep playing with me yo,"

"Stop threatening me,"

"If I was threatening you, you would know, trust and believe that shit!" He fussed resuming the game and tossed the pack of rubber bands to the side not caring that it spilled over.

"What did I do to yuh?" She asked trying to mask her hurt and ignore the unusual cramp in her side.

"Stop acting like you weren't just gripping my fucking hair like yo ass tryna pull my thoughts out! Fuck is wrong with you? Ain't see you in two days and you come here with the bullshit? I don't have time for that," he stressed. He knew there was a chance he was overreacting but he was already on ten.

"Stop cussing at mi," she mumbled wiping her face.

"Stop doing dumb shit. Damn, can we enjoy each other in peace? Haven't talked to my damn girlfriend in two days and the first time we see each other, yo ass mad for whatever reason and expect me to fucking know. I'm not a damn psychic," he argued then pushed her hand away knocking the comb down when she touched his hair.

Staring at him briefly, she inhaled slowly.

Breathe... breathe, she told herself over and over again as she rubbed her wrist before picking up the comb.