Chapter 39.)

16-year-old Reign

        "Where do we go from here Ray? We've been here for a few months and you barely say anything to me," Tish spoke as she attempted to sit beside Reign but she moved over.

         After her suicide attempt, King and Renae had her in therapy but she wouldn't speak. Although she knew she needed help from an outside being, she just couldn't force herself to open up to a person who knew her parents, especially her mom.

         "Reign," Reign corrected.

        "Pardon?" Tish frowned.

         "Mi name iz Reign,"

         Pursing her lips, Tish nodded slowly and closed her journal. "Ok... well would you like for this session to be over?"

          "Yup," Reign mumbled before standing to her feet.

        Tish went to say something but Reign was already out the door.

        Checking her phone, Reign looked around looking for King's car but it was nowhere in sight.

        "Seriously," she shook her head when she went to call but it went straight to voicemail.

       Finding a nearby bench, she sat down and sent a message to Kaari.

         Moments later, Kaari's call came through and Reign stared at the screen debating on answering or not, even though she knew she needed a ride.

          "Yow"

         "Daddy's in'a meeting... yuh waah Mum?"

          "No," Reign sighed then mumbled a few things to herself. "Where's uncle Layton?"

        "Somewhere... mi nuh home gyal,"

        "Where are yuh?" Reign asked.

        "Wit Janelle,"

         "Oh... ok,"

        "Jus call Mum, stop being difficult," Kaari commented and Reign rolled her eyes.

        "Yuh can seh dah, shi nuh try fi choke yuh last night," Reign reminded and Kaari sucked her teeth.

         Last night Renae had an episode and attacked Reign and poor Kaari just stood there unsure of what to do.

        "Uncle Kwan iz h—" before Kaari could finish, Reign hung up the phone and went to her messages.

        Sending a text to Yae'Shawn and one to Leah, she waited to see who would respond first.

        Leah's text came through but before she could open it, Yae'Shawn's picture flashed across the screen and she laughed at the selfie they took together last summer.

       He made her put that as her lock screen but she ended up saving it as his contact picture months later.

        "Hello?" She answered.

        "Watch out... you straight?" He asked but the background movements had Reign's full attention.

        "Come on... hang up, she can wait," Reign heard the unfamiliar female voice say and she frowned.

        "Des hold up," Yae'Shawn replied before she heard stuff moving around.

        "I didn't invite you over just for you to stop fucking me for some little ass girl!"