Chapter 62.)

"Hey, good afternoon," Mari smiled softly at Yae'Shawn as she entered the kitchen. It was the same day, just a little after 4.

"Hey," He mumbled, checking on the quesadillas.

"I didn't mean to sleep so late... I know how much you like breakfast," she said as she sat at the kitchen island.

"It's cool,"

Picking up on his dismissive vibe, she sighed, "Yae, I am sorry."

"You don't have to keep saying it... just show it," he countered as he sat across from her and placed the plate in front of her.

Shocked, she thanked him before saying grace.

They didn't speak for the first ten minutes which was a little awkward for her. She missed him and hoped that they could rekindle their broken relationship.

"What have I missed out on since I've been... gone?" She broke the silence.

        "Nothing much... what have you been doing?" He asked.

        "It's going to take some time for you to readjust isn't it?" She smiled softly.

         Moving his empty cup out the way, he sighed, "Do you know how much you hurt me? You were here physically... barely that but mentally and emotionally you were nowhere to be found. Nana filled that void and that wasn't her responsibility."

          "I know how bad I ruined your life, Yae and that's why I'm here. I want to do better... I want to be a better mom to you but I need you to allow me to. We were good for a while until I met Marvin and I can admit that I had a habit of letting the men speak on you and my parenting. I changed Yae... I swear I did. I know you hate me... but I am so proud of you. You did everything that I couldn't and you did it the right way, I am sooooo proud of the man that you're becoming and I am more than happy to tell you that I am excited for Reign to become my daughter-in-law," she told him and he let her words marinate for a moment.

        Her words sounded genuine but when have they not? She always said one thing but meant another, what was so different this time around?

***

"What's wrong with you, Vava?" Kairo asked, joining Ava in her art studio.

"I'm ok," she mumbled as she concentrated on sewing the shorts.

Walking towards the desk, he sat across from her and watched her for a bit then poked her cheek and she smiled.

"What's wrong? I heard you crying earlier," he frowned.

"I was just venting... that's all. I think I hurt Daddy's feelings tho... he's been inside his man cave for two hours now," she admitted then sighed.

"What happened? Is it because we didn't want to leave?"

"I said some stuff... I don't know K.J, I'm just scared... what if my dreams about mom come true?" She whispered.

"It won't... she's here and healthy now, stop thinking about dat," he told her.

"Ok,"

Watching her sew a few more things, he followed her to the art section and picked up a few markers and a poster board.

"I think I wanna talk to Pops, we kinda came off disrespectful," he said.

        "I don't feel dat way... maybe our delivery was strong but look who our parents are," she laughed softly.

        "I still gotta talk to him tho, I'll be back," he put the stuff down and got up.