Chapter 38.) March 2nd

It's been almost three months, the twins celebrated their nineteenth birthday back in Jamaica and stayed for a week, which made Kaari happier than she's ever been. It was obvious she missed it, so King and Renae figured they could fly back.

Dajon's and Ava's birthday came and gone, baby girl was excited to be fourteen but didn't do anything but attend a fashion show in New York with Renae and Yanna. Since she's been looking at colleges there, they figured she could get a glimpse of what that particular life would be like.

Renae and King both decided to just do their vow renewal on their actual anniversary that way no one would be confused about them doing it twice. Although it would have been nice to do it on Christmas, they didn't mind letting Reign and Yae'Shawn have the spotlight, it was time to pass it on.

        The anonymous letters seemed to stop rolling in but there were things that had the men and Renae on high alert.

New Years' night, while everyone was out celebrating, King got an alert on his phone about someone breaking into the car garage but when they got home there was nothing out of place. A week later, their alarm went off at 4am scaring the kids but neither Layton or Rue saw anything.

During her shower, Renae swore she saw someone watching her but the only person inside the house was Assyria and baby girl was knocked out in Kairo's room.

Reign called them last month about her and Kaari's tired being slashed so they sent Layton down there to stay for two weeks but just like before, he didn't find anything or catch anyone out of the ordinary.

King knew something was going to pop off soon but he was ready for it, he just hoped whoever was playing his family was ready to die.

"Wah di hell iz dah?" Kaari frowned putting the broom down and squinted pushing her glasses up.

She recently had to get prescription glasses because she had a problem with seeing at night and her eyes often acted weird during her study sessions, Reign told her to get contacts but Kaari wanted no parts of possibly stabbing herself.

Bending over some, she stared at the bug, at least she assumed it was a bug.

"What you looking at now?" Daewon asked walking through the door.

"Wah iz dis?" She pointed to it.

Putting his books down, he walked over and bent down then looked back at her and rose a brow. "You can't see this shit?"

"Bwoy,"

"That's a fucking finger girl," he scrunched his face up and she removed her glasses moving closer.

Squinting, she stared for a moment. "Lawd,"

"It looks old," he mumbled grabbing some gloves and a paper towel to pick it up.

"It iz o— NO!" She screamed pushing him down to the floor just as an arrow came flying their way.

"Drop it!" She yelled covering her head.

Tossing the finger down, he rolled over on top of her and listened as the arrows tore through the kitchen.

"Get off mi bwoy," she frowned.

"I don't want yo ass, I'm tryna help," he shook his head getting up slowly before helping her up.

Looking around the kitchen, their eyes settled on their pantry door filled with arrows. Walking closer, they tilted their head and read the message: Tick tock.