Chapter 1.) Changes

*This is a work of fiction, the events that take place are fictional and came straight from my thoughts. I do not own the rights to any of the music that I use and the photos that I use are not mine but are available on public platforms*

~~~

*Phone vibrates*

        "Is that your father?" Tish asked Reign once she checked her phone for the second time.

        It's been 9 and a half years since the crazy incident at the wedding and throughout the years a lot has changed, some for the best and some for the worst. A lot of the bad resulted in Reign asking to be put in therapy. Renae and King separated a year ago and that really shifted the entire family, but mainly Reign because she saw the signs a long time ago and tried so hard to keep the two on the right side of love but Renae's illness got the best of her.

        King did all he could and tried to stay but Renae just pushed him over the edge, their decision affected the kids more than it did themselves but Reign... baby girl took the separation the hardest.

         She stopped going to her summer programs, she stopped hanging with her friends, she began posting a lot of suicidal subliminals online that caught the media's attention and Renae's. After attempting to talk to her, Renae realized that Reign was not only upset with King but her as well, so they agreed on allowing her to go to therapy.

        Her and Kaari were currently in their senior year of high school, it was September third, also King's birthday. As life progressed, so did the twins, but even though they grew up attached at the hip, they also liked distinct things, well, Reign liked to separate from her other half.

        Both girls were the head of their step team, whereas Kaari enjoyed the attention and big crowds, Reign liked calmness, which was why she joined the book club. She picked up Renae's passion for writing and loved reading. She had her own library inside the house where she often sat inside to find peace and quiet.

        She even joined the small pottery class in school, where she met a lot of cool people; Leah and Yae'Shawn. She had two other guy friends, Tamir and Adonis but they were mostly just nice school friends.

        Kaari also joined the culinary club, since she loved baking. To her, that was her way of giving Reign 'space' when she needed it. Janelle was Kaari's best friend, they met sophomore year and been tight ever since.

        They moved back to Virginia 2 1/2 years ago and that's when Reign felt things just went downhill for the family, but nobody could understand things from her perspective so she got tired of trying to explain things.

        On the bright side, Renae was back to choreographing and also an advocate for women's prison reform, mental health and drug addiction. She's written and self-published 3 books titled: Words of the Broken, In the midst of My Darkness I've Found Light, and The Many Colors of My Heart. All of which went number one within the first hour and remained there for six weeks.

        She was still battling her bipolar and schizophrenic disorder but turned to smoking Sativa to try and mellow the effects.

        King's weed dispensaries were growing globally as were his wineries, and finance and stock company. In a way, Reign was thankful for the change in her life, it was bittersweet but more sweet than bitter.

         "Reign?" Tish called after realizing she spaced out; something she's been doing often.

        "Wah wuz di question?" She asked allowing her second Native to flow.