Chapter 34.) December 17th

It's been two months since Renae and King had been down to have the talk with Reign and Yae'Shawn and it seemed as if things have gotten better for the family. Ava was applying for colleges in New York and California for fashion but she also was stuck between wanting to become a lawyer like Dajon.

She had years to actually decide which was why King and Renae weren't rushing or trying to stop her dreams. Kairo joined the science club at his school and loved that he got a chance to create interesting things. His sensory sensitivity often messed with him but he's been learning to ignore it. He's also been debating on asking King and Renae if he could learn sign language just in case things become complicated for him over time.

Assyria was just enjoying school and honestly couldn't wait until Christmas, that was the only holiday she enjoyed because the family always got together.

Renae was still doing work for the women at the prison but since she shut off from the media's light, the governor has been less nice to her which resulted in her having to put in 4 times the work just to make sure the ladies were still being treated properly and respectfully like human beings. She was almost done with the fourth book but had a few more chapters to include.

King was still doing his business and still keeping an eye out for the Kingpin or Queenpin that was plotting on his family. Mama Karen's treatments ran through the doctor's predicted end date but that was fine, she was still fighting and still doing great. No hair loss, slight weight loss but the ensures that the doctor prescribed was helping, she was walking the neighborhood more, and spending time with the family rather than keeping herself locked inside the room.

Eve tried to talk to Dajon during one of his out-of-state games and he unintentionally embarrassed her, after she followed him out the building, after he spent twenty minutes paying her dust. Ary was ready to take a flight to Maryland just to beat her ass but Dajon assured her things were fine because his coach had her switched with a different sports physician.

Kwan was working on opening another Jamaican restaurant in Virginia and had plans in opening a boutique full of nothing but all things related to Black culture. Yanna was still trying to get her daughter but he was still being difficult, so she let up... a bit.

It was only 7 in the morning, mid-December, and winter in Georgia seemed to have a much prettier view than Virginia. The harsh, cold air was enough to sting anyone's cheeks if they were caught out in it for too long. The trees were as bare as a baby's rear, no leaves made them look dull... lifeless.

The skies were slightly gray with not a single sign of sunshine in sight. The air had a hint of pine trees, snow, and wood-burning as the scent cocoa and marshmallows filled the 'Goonies' house. With the temperature feeling as if it was hitting below zero outside, they were sure to cut on the heat giving off the perfect toasty warm feeling, allowing Reign to feel more at peace against Yae'Shawn's skin.

They were out for their winter break and were supposed to be visiting the family in a few days so everyone has mainly been enjoying their vacation before heading back up to Virginia.

With the sheets hanging loosely around her naked body, Reign's soft whimpers filled the room as she gracefully rode Yae'Shawn.

As one hand rested against the headboard, the other gripped his damp hair that he had a habit of allowing to grow out just so she could grip it for her own personal comfort.

The breeze from his slightly lifted window cooled the fire from her body but couldn't cease the burning within. They've been so engrossed in their studies, they hadn't had time for themselves. She's been hanging out with Kaari a lot more and having weekly spa days with her. They were rebuilding their bond and Yae'Shawn refused to disrupt it as did the guys.