Chapter 20.) Rebonding

It was June 12th and Reign has been under King 24/7. He didn't ask why he just allowed her to, she was reminding him of Renae in the earlier stages of their relationship because she followed him around and whenever he wanted to leave, she was right behind him. Renae had some idea of why she thought Reign was acting that way but decided not to comment on it.

She could see how happy it made King knowing that one of his oldest daughters wanted to be his shadow again. Kaari was still cautious and approaching everyone at arm's length unsure if they really wanted anything to do with her. Tish would call Renae after their sessions to inform her of Kaari's progress but Renae still felt like she needed to continue going for a year or two. Tish agreed and promised to take their sessions to video calls once Kaari left for college.

Somehow but Reign kinda figured Yae'Shawn had something to do with it, his grandma had her number and called to apologize if she overstepped. Reign didn't take offense and told her she felt like she needed to hear that. They've been talking every day ever since and Fatima even invited her to stay over after graduation. Of course, Renae and Karen wanted to meet her first and Fatima was ok with that.

It was 12 in the afternoon and Renae, Reign and Kaari were in the mall with Yanna and Ary doing some shopping for their graduation party and to make sure they had things for college.

"I heard you got a job... are you excited?" Ary smiled nudging Kaari as she looked over a Last Kings sweater.

"Yeah, I'll be working in DTLR," she replied and Ary smiled.

"How are you getting here?"

"Uncle Rue has to drop mi off," she answered and Ary nodded.

"That's not bad, are you liking therapy?"

"Yeah, I wanted to start doing sessions wit Ray... but I don't know if shi would want to,"

"Are you guys talking again? You two seem fine here," Ary stated picking up a hoodie for Dante and Dajon.

"Yeah... mi mum helped us... it'z kinda a slow process tho but shi gives mi hugs now," she softly smiled and Ary smiled as well.

"Gotta give her time, in all my years of being in this family I've learned a thing or two about you guys. You love hard but when ties are cut that's it, Ray loves hard and hurts even harder. When she feels betrayed it makes her question herself... she blames herself for things people do to her. You, you don't care because you have a habit of wanting to get even or crazy," Ary explained then laughed at the last part.

"I'm trying to change dah... I just got caught up in di good life but mi mum said wi won't live it anymore," she revealed and Ary rose a brow.

"What do you mean?"

"Shi went online basically telling people dah shi didn't want to be associated wit anything anymore. I know it'z kaaz of wah I did, but shi just told dem dah shi wuz tired of fighting with di paparazzi. Shi took her page down but left up her dancing one and then shi asked mi to delete mi account, so I did," she explained and Ary nodded slowly.

"She is aware that since Dajon is back playing ball people are still going to talk right?"

"It won't be as bad, I watched a lot of his old interviews, I feel it'z better dis way," she admitted and Ary smiled softly. She could definitely see the growth in her.

"I'm proud of you KK,"

"Thank yuh," she smiled looking down.

"Can I ask you something tho?" Ary inquired and Kaari nodded.