Chapter 46.)

It's been three days and Renae and King were currently sitting in Tish's office discussing a few things; compromise being the main topic.

        "I know what he means, there's definitely room for improvement on my part," Renae stated.

        "So, what do you personally feel you lack?"

"That part I'm still trying to figure out... I do know that we don't always come to common grounds regarding the kids," she answered.

Glancing over at Kingston, Tish rose a brow. "Do you think so?"

"We have different outlooks when it comes to them," he replied.

"But do you agree with her statement?"

"Yeah," he shrugged.

"Why do you guys think the parenting is different between the two?"

"I feel like hers come from her childhood traumas," King answered and Tish stared at Renae.

"Elaborate,"

"Tha' way I view our kids or try to raise dem are different than her. She was always in a battle growing up, so I feel like she feels as if she has no choice but to give dem lead way in a sense," he explained.

"Or... maybe it's guilt," Tish cut her eyes at Renae and King frowned.

"Guilt... what would she feel guilty about?" He asked, now curious to Renae's silence.

Tish and Renae exchanged looks before Renae looked off.

"Am I missing something?" He looked between the two.

"Nope... moving on," Tish cleared her throat, flipping to the next page.

King stared at Renae now confused and wondering what he could've possibly missed during his year of absence.

"You two decided as a whole to talk to me today correct?" She questioned and they nodded.

"Ok, so Renae... tell him something that he may not be aware of," she encouraged and Renae side-eyed her on the low.

           "I wasn't always nice to the kids," Renae mumbled softly.

           "How so?" King's brow rose slightly, instantly intimidating her.

        Chewing on her bottom lip, Renae rubbed the back of her neck and tried to even her breathing. She was becoming nervous and knew once she told him what she's done in his absence, things may not be the same.

        "What'd you say or do, Nae?"

         "I um... I had... I had some bad episodes," she stumbled over her words as she avoided looking at him.

        "I'm aware of dat, baybeh,"

          "Not everything," she replied then sighed.

         Cutting his eyes at Tish, King focused on Renae and studied her briefly before turning back towards Tish.

         The look on his face was enough to send an unknown chill to run through her body, she wasn't sure why, but she could feel that he was about to chew her up and spit her out.

         "What are you trying to do?"

         "Excuse me?" She frowned.

         "You went from, let's move on, to insisting on her telling me some deep shit, she's obviously not ready to reveal yet. What tha' hell is dat about?" Irritation was laced heavily in his voice and it was clear that he checked out of the session the moment Renae became nervous.