Chapter 2.) The same day...

"Where's K.J?" Ava asked Assyria. It was 4 in the afternoon and she had just got in from school and like any other day, he was the first one she looked for.

"In tha' library," Assyria answered climbing in bed.

"What's tha' matter with you?"

"Got tha' stomach flu,"

"Eewww," Ava frowned running out and Assyria laughed closing her eyes.

Heading downstairs, Ava made it to the library and walked inside finding Kairo laying comfortably on the bean bag.

"Best friendddddd," she sang running inside.

"Wassup Vava," he chuckled hugging her when she jumped on him.

"How was school?" He asked when she laid next to him.

"We just watched movies today," she shrugged playing with the foam basketball.

"Did they give you homework?"

"Nope, not until next week. I just got papers for Dad and Mom to sign," She said and he nodded.

"Same," He said focusing on the book.

"Are we tha' only ones here?"

"Ray is staying over Dad's place until Friday, Kaari is over Janelle's house and Mom's in her studio... I think I saw her crying earlier," He informed.

"Crying for what?" She asked.

"No clue, she wouldn't tell if I asked anyway," he chuckled and she laughed as well.

"That's true," she nodded rolling over.

"I'm building a basket today... like a hamper, do you want one?" She asked sitting up.

"You can make me a piggy bank, my old one too small now," he suggested and She nodded getting up.

"Ok, I'll be back,"

        No she won't, he laughed to himself as he turned the page. . .

        "Ava?" Renae called knocking on her bedroom door. It was a little after five and she was still working on the laundry hamper. She hadn't even started on Kairo's piggy bank, not even the sketch.

         "Yes?" She answered concentrating on the task at hand.

        Opening the door, Renae watched her for a second as she had everything placed around her neatly, colored coded and numbered. She looked exactly like King in that moment and it tugged at Renae's heart.

        "How was school?"

         "We watched movies in every class, but they sent papers home for our parents to sign," she replied and Renae nodded taking a seat on the bed and grabbed her book bag.

         "Can I ask you something?" The tone in her voice made Ava think about everything bad that she's never done but thought of doing.

        "Um... yeah,"

        "Come sit with me," Renae patted the bed as she read the papers before signing each one.

        Getting up, Ava walked over and sat next to her and stared at her.

        Signing the lunch form and the one about the household, Renae glanced at her and smiled. "Be honest... do you think I've been a bad mom?"